Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Picolax. Yee ha!
  • benz
    Free Member

Time for repeat camera where the sun does not shine….

Just consumed the 2nd sachet of Picolax. The first was not that bad….decent book to read.

The colonoscopy is bothering me much less than our hound going to vet to get a hernia repaired later this week. It took her a littl time to get back to fighting fit after being spayed so hope she is not too sore for too long.

Cletus
    Free Member

Hope you have prepared 🙂

Maybe get one of these.

akira

Expecting this thread to run and run.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Davesport

I laugh in the face of Picolax. Have you tried “Moviprep” 😯

donald
    Free Member

I laugh in the face of Picolax.

Inadvisable.

slowoldman

Bit late isn’t it? You might be up all night.

codybrennan
    Free Member

It was ‘Kleen-Prep’ I got.

Foul.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Moviprep is the devils work..

I’ve got to get ‘examined’ every 3 years and the whole episode from around 30 min after you take your first swig of the devil juice until you arive safely back in the comfort of your house, ass still raw and feeling thoroughly violated, is utterly degrading.

Hope you are going private, apparently NHS cutbacks mean they are very sparing on the lube.

On a more serious note its not that bad, and anyone reading this don’t be put off. They dug a massive growth out my gut first time I went. Said it would have been cancerous in 3 years if I hadn’t done anything about it (although I’m not convinced anyone would have put up with a bleeding ronson for 3 years without plucking up the coursge to see a doc!). I was only 34…makes ya think!

matt_outandabout

Crap thread IMO

frankconway

Moviprep – don’t remind me of that; three times but….clean as a whistle for the camera.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I had Moviprep just over a week ago..

Still can’t look at my toilet the same way

Nothing and I mean nothing prepared me for that night

dirkpitt74

Moviprep is devil juice.
    Only had it the once but Christ it was bad.
    I couldn’t drink both sachets and was gagging about 3/4 through the second.
    Apparently a lot of people don’t get that far.
    The sandwich and tea in the recovery bay after was a welcome bonus!

Davesport

Hi5 isotonic drink tastes near identical to Moviprep. It’s given me hellish flashbacks 😆

downshep

Inflated colon = perpetual farting, what’s not to like?

Cougar

Surely that’s a deflated colon?

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

First packet of Klean-prep. Three to go.
    It contains “vanilla flavour”. Why? Why bother?

“I’ve sprinkled some toasted almonds on your poo baguette – to take the taste away.”

fifeandy
    Free Member

On a more serious note its not that bad, and anyone reading this don’t be put off

Speak for yourself.
    I screamed like some sort of horror movie and bent the bed rail I was clutching. Guy gave up before he got very far. Wasn’t the camera itself, but the burst of air to ‘inflate’.
    No chance i’ll let them do another without knocking me out.

Edit: Klean-prep can be erm interesting though. Had it a few times and one time it just didn’t seem to be doing anything for hours and i’d drunk nearly all of it – and then the flood gates opened………

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

the burst of air

WTF?! I’m going to be blown up like a balloon?! 😯

Davesport

WTF?! I’m going to be blown up like a balloon?!

Yes! Co2 actually. Take a substantial piece of wood to bite on 😆

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be like one of those tiny inspection cameras they use to look into engines, not a bloody handycam.

Harry_the_Spider

Actually, it is more like a periscope.

Davesport

They’ll tell you it’s an “endoscope”. They only use these in a private hospital setting. If you’re an NHS patient it’s an iPhone on a selfie stick for you I’m afraid. 😯

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Oh Lordy. I thought drinking this medical vim was going to be the worst bit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Actually, it is more like a periscope.

A Perineoscope?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I made it throught the 2 packets of moviprep, all two litres of it and it ruined me, I was at one point scared to move from the bathroom,

Even the following few days I had moments of concern where i was unsure what or how i was going to fart,

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Packet 2 of Klean-prep and so far just stench pipe burps.

Edit: It’s so rank, i might cry.

MoreCashThanDash

an iPhone on a selfie stick for you I’m afraid.

Made me laugh.

terrahawk
    Free Member

A Perineoscope?

It’s a bit uncomfortable going in but utter agony coming out

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Klean-prep works..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I had the bum-o-scope many years ago, and after inflating my colon to roadiesque territory, the consultant had a good look and poke around (oh we’re just taking a small sample of this irritated looking area, it won’t hurt……..LYING B’stard) they sent me home. I’d come on the motorbike and engine vibes and large amounts of gas on the journey home did not a good mix make, it was not a pretty result when I got home. ??

globalti
    Free Member

I got diarrhoea in Dubai so I went to the chemist in a mall. The two Indian guys there told me there was no more Lomotil in Dubai – a likely story – and gave me something called Motilium, which they said would sort out the problem.

It certainly did – for the next hour I couldn’t get away from the mall toilets. Once I reached the safety of my hotel room I looked it up and saw that it is used to promote rapid emptying of the stomach and bowel. I bet those two Indian guys thought it was funny anyway.

downshep

Yep, they inflate your Ronson to give the camera and flesh grabber thingy space to move about. Once the pressure builds beyond a certain level, you can fart for as long as the gas is going in. Quite fun to balance the in/out pressure to maintain the same pitch. Whilst this may seem childish, it relieves the pressure and must be considered in the context of a) you’re not contributing anything else to the proceedings and b) your dignity is long gone anyway.

A word of warning. Even though you have observed with your own eyes the shiny, pristine glory that is your totally empty colon, do not consider that you may confidently fart once upright and travelling home. Time and gravity will conspire to generate a build up of evil fluids causing you to unwittingly and heavily shart yourself.

I’ve had better days.

slowoldman

Strange, I didn’t feel a thing when I had mine done.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

I’ve sent the better half out for a straw. I understand that it can make the imbibing the potion less disagreeable.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll use one of the “MOT” seat covers for the journey home, usually kept for happier, muddy days out.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Ive had it done quite a few times. The second time the burst of air actually caused my hands to spasm – I kid you not! And nobody has been able to explain what it was but they ended the procedure quite rapidly and gave me some drugs and oxygen. Possibly just a nervous reaction.

Ive had it done about 5 times since and had no unexpected side-effects but they have drugged me up a bit beforehand. Have actually had some funny & interesting conversations with the consultants and nurses during the procedures. Can’t quite remember them but I do remember the consultant telling me to stop laughing!!!

benz
    Free Member

All done.

An apprentice camera operator but a good director who kept him right. All the way to the end and no repeat nasties. Great!

I did not seem to be so out of it with the sedative and pain killer as the last one but only a few tinges of discomfort.

Now farting very loudly which, according to my lovely 10 year old daughter “Daddy, it’s much noisier but nothing as smelly as you usually are!”. Winner!

Good luck all.

slowoldman

apprentice camera operator

Eh? The consultant did mine.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Had mine. I guess a number of STWers are of an age that they might be needing the procedure so:

The staff involved were excellent and allow you to maintain as much dignity as possible (which isn’t much!).

I had sedative, not gas – makes you a little woozy but not zonked out.

The procedure was a little discomforting but not bad at all – no problem with comedy gas inflation, etc.

Recovery was quick and out and about by mid morning.

By FAR the worst aspect was drinking the Klean-prep – it is vile. The “effects” are as expected but not that bad.

My tips are: start the prep in plenty of time and to mix the foul liquid with orange squash and wash each mouthful down with more dilute squash. It really is the worse part of the process.

scaredypants

slowoldman – Member
    Strange, I didn’t feel a thing when I had mine done

Aliens are a bit more advanced at this sort of thing than the NHS

slowoldman

Aliens are a bit more advanced at this sort of thing than the NHS

Ah, that explains the blinding light.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Picolax. Yee ha!’ is closed to new replies.