Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pickup Liners
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

We bought a new toyota pickup for our agricultural contracting buisness, and we were wondering about interior liners for the footwell to stop it getting mouldy. Is there any plastic liner we can put down and seal it from water?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Not had god experience with them. Water gets under them and because they move about they scuff and scratch the load bed. Eventually you end up with a rusty load bed you were hoping to avoid.

I would go with a heavy duty rubber/ply floor you can easily remove and clean out.

The other alternative is the spray on liners which are pretty effective and if they get damaged/scraped you just spray a bit more on

Northwind

“If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?”

Oh no, wait…

Shorty121
    Free Member

I mean inside the cab

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Errr sorry i missread that.

Maybe tell people not to put their muddy feet all over the interior. Clean boots inside?

Never seen anything to protect the plastic interior other than mats

Shorty121
    Free Member

Well it’s a pain because its got a carpet floor. Also We’re always in an out of the vechile with dirty boot

timber

I’ll look in the works Hi-Lux tomorrow to see what it has, but think it is just heavy duty rubber mats. May be plastic actually as it’s the most basic of basic spec for getting mud filled. Not sure I would want to hose it out the same as my Land Rover though.

project
    Free Member

I use a copy of the free newspaper, under a heavy duty rubber mat, change it every few days in winter as it gets soaked, suprising how much water mud, you fdrag into a van.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah with snow it does. Wondering about getting something like this sprayed onto the floor http://www.coat-x.co.uk/

PePPeR

Best car I ever had for this sort of thing was an old Volvo 340, it had great big plastic trays which you could fill with sloshy mud and it wouldn’t bother the carpets underneath!

I bet Mitsubishi do something like this but they’ll probably cost an arm and a leg!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah people don’t understand that people use them for work

cookeaa

Something like This?

Or some thing a bit more fitted?

flip
    Free Member

“If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?”

Yeah i read it like that too, but i’m all whiskied up….hic.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Something more fitted and won’t alow water down to the carpet

timber

Works one is with someone working away at the moment, but it is the super basic one with vinyl footwells. One of the lads knew as he is the one who cleans it out.

Could see if you could get one to retro fit, but there are probably a lot of plastic clips in those things, bloody enormous dashboard.

Shorty121
    Free Member

We changed our minds last minute and got a cab and a half. We are looking into this company http://www.coat-x.co.uk/ that will coat the carpets

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pickup Liners’ is closed to new replies.