Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pickup drivers do you use a bed extender
  • elma
    Free Member

Just looking at a couple of crew cab pickups and didn’t realize the bed was so small, after dropping the tailgate it gets a bit better.

Does anyone one use one of the bed extender style things to stop stuff falling out when they are on the move.

Alternatively looking at king cabs with the occasional use rear seats these seem a bit better but pretty hard to find.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Rather than bed extenders I got 3 roof bars so anything that won’t fit in the back goes on top, they come in surprisingly useful.

br
    Free Member

Just looking at a couple of crew cab pickups and didn’t realize the bed was so small, after dropping the tailgate it gets a bit better.

And so shallow.

Pretty useless for MTBing IMO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

Pretty useless for MTBing IMO.

5 bikes (all with silly wheel sizes, fat tyres etc), full weekends kit for 5 riders, and five chubby blokes all fit in mine no problems at all and all the dirty bits fit in the back nice and securely and then can just jet wash the weekends crap out of the back?

much prefer it to using a big estate with roof bars.

TheDTs
    Free Member

The trick is to hang the bikes off the tailgate.
    DaKine do a pad for this but I find a few bits of old carpet do just as good a job.

I do hang stuff out the back, quite frequently. We make signs, so often long sheets, ladders and scaffold tower are hanging out the back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pickup drivers do you use a bed extender’ is closed to new replies.