• This topic has 55 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Picking up free stuff on here and selling it on pinkbike
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Boo! Someone had some free tyres off me a while ago, just happened to be browsing pinkbike as I’m off work sick and there they all are up for sale by the same bloke. Shame on you

ElShalimo

Name and shame

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That certainly seems rotten, the only excuse would be if he’s fallen on hard times.

downhilldave

😯 Name and shame.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bang out of order.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Pitchforks! Getcher pitchforks here! Nice ‘n’ sharp!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Have contacted him on PB, will see what he has to say for himself first

sandwicheater

Pitchforks! Getcher pitchforks here! Nice ‘n’ sharp!

Do you have any blunt rusty ones?

smatkins1
    Free Member

Fair play I’d say.

v666ern
    Free Member

Bombers? or would he sell them too?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s low, but not uncommon, I’ve sold stuff on here for what I’d guess is it’s ebay value minus the fees and seen it posted again for it’s full value, and bikes/frames stripped for parts, wouldn’t be so bad if at least if they’d kept the frame, forks or wheels, not just bought it to strip the whole thing.

Barely bother with the classifides anymore, 10 years ago it was a great source of bling bits at fairly consistent prices (every King headset was £60 and trhere’d be several a week) and 95% of stuff was in A1 condition, now it’s just full of crap from people only signed up to sell stuff, often at hugely inflated prices.

Speeking of tyres, I’m going to have a clearout as I’ve far more spares than I’m ever likely to use.

Anyone want some 26″ tyres? £5/pair to the air ambulance and pick up from Wokingham. Anything from conti supersonic XC tyres with tissuepaper for sidewalls to maxxis dual ply supertackies.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yeah not quite a pitchfork situation but defo not right either.

thisisnotaspoon I’d probably take a few pairs if you’d post, obviously at my cost

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Tyres?!

Yep! YGM.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ll have a sort out at the weekend and draw up a list of what’s there. It’s probably mostly continental vertical/gravity type stuff from years ago, but good for hack bikes, kids bikes etc.

Happy to post if people wanted them, but you’d probably get better and cheaper at the On-One clearance sale once postage is added!

peteimpreza

Name and shame the fecker

hora
    Free Member

Name and shame. You pass the love on not profit IMO.

Mowgli
    Free Member
    wwaswas

“lessthancovertbaz”

chrishc777
    Free Member

Was wondering how long before someone did their homework!

Yep those are the ones, the baron he has for sale seems to be a different size, and the X Kings I let him have for 6 quid he has up for a tenner.

covertbaz on here, basingstoke. yetibaz on PB but has a pic of a covert, basingstoke.

MussEd
    Free Member

Who says entrepreneurial spirit is dead in this country? I say…

DrP

I think this isn’t on at all..
    It’s ‘nice’ to give away stuff to those who need it and will use it.
    Being given free stuff and selling it on is taking the pi$$!

DrP

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve seen worse.

I used to frequent a VW forum when I gad a Golf GTi – one of the ‘big names’ on their, who might have been a mod bought a rare Supercharged Golf, only to had the charger blow a few weeks later – another poster took pity on him and gave him a spare he had, back then a charger in good condition would cost you about £1000.

Anyway, fast forward a few months and it seems the guys car wasn’t as knackered as he feared, it was a simple pipework problem, but he kept quiet and sold the charger on eBay for a pile of cash and got found out.

Any mention of it got the mods all hot and bothered and they’d remove any mention of it and pull out the ban hammer if anyone made too much of a fuss about it.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Maybe he doesn’t like the tyres so decided to sell them on? He’s asking for £4 more than what he paid, and is probably expecting the buyer to meet in the middle somewhere.

Hardly worth a name and shame 🙄

hora
    Free Member

TBH in your case OP hes hardly making a profit factoring in the hassle/keeping them/walking to post office etc. If you’d given away a coffee machine as a good deed to help someone and it popped up on ebay two days later for £60 then yes I could see the point (sorry). 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

As I said hora, no need to get the pitchforks out but still out of order, it’s the principle not the amount of cash

chrishc777
    Free Member

yorkshire, he’s asking £19 more not £4. So yes in pure stw I am in the wrong and should be ashamed of myself. sorry

roverpig

I’ve got a shed full of stuff that I’d like to move on but can’t work out where to put it.

I’d be happy to offer it for a fair (or even a good) price to folk on here who would use it, but don’t want to just sell it cheap so that somebody else can make a profit out of it. I understand the argument that I shouldn’t care, but I do and that’s why it is all still sitting in my shed.

D0NK

not just bought it to strip the whole thing.

Buying something at “stw mates rates” on here then relisting for full price is pretty sneaky but buying a full bike off you and then stripping it and selling it for a profit, coz you couldn’t be bothered* with the hassle of doing the same, is fair game IMO.

Taking charitable free stuff and selling it on is bang out of order tho.

*i couldn’t either

hora
    Free Member

Years ago a fellow STW’er gave me a manual film camera for my other half. We still have it and if it was to be moved on it would be given away or sold and the proceeds given to a charity.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got 3m of white gear cable – Jagwire – brand new, that I’ll never, ever use if anyone wants it?.

But if ye sell it, I’ll hunt ye down…

DrP

I’d be happy to offer it for a fair (or even a good) price to folk on here who would use it, but don’t want to just sell it cheap so that somebody else can make a profit out of it. I understand the argument that I shouldn’t care, but I do and that’s why it is all still sitting in my shed.

Just give it to mates??
    Or a local bike charity?

DrP

martinhutch

Having discovered he didn’t want them after all, he doesn’t appear to have relisted them here, so draw you own conclusions from that.

He’s asking £15-£20 plus postage for the Panaracers he got for postage costs.

dmorts

Was wondering how long before someone did their homework!

Yep those are the ones, the baron he has for sale seems to be a different size, and the X Kings I let him have for 6 quid he has up for a tenner.

Sorry, am I missing something here? The Baron is not the same tyre and he actually paid £6 for the tyres he has for sale for £10?

D0NK

I’ve got 3m of white gear cable

I’d say yes but I bought one of those 20M roll boxes a couple months ago so pass for someone else, if you don’t shift it give us a shout tho.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Will do Donk, I’ve put it on the PIF thread.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

yorkshire, he’s asking £19 more not £4. So yes in pure stw I am in the wrong and should be ashamed of myself. sorry

These ones?
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1740193/

He’s asking £10 for the pair.

I’ve got some tyres I’d be happy to let go for free, if anyone can be bothered to make a bit of profit selling them on it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

chrishc777
    Free Member

If you look at his buysell, or even read this thread you’d see that it is the Panaracers I gave away for free that he has up for £15 that I’m talking about. Had he not liked them surely he could have put them up for free on here and passed them on to someone who might have actually wanted to use them no?

pictonroad

I’ve seen worse.

I used to frequent a VW forum when I gad a Golf GTi – one of the ‘big names’ on their, who might have been a mod bought a rare Supercharged Golf, only to had the charger blow a few weeks later – another poster took pity on him and gave him a spare he had, back then a charger in good condition would cost you about £1000.

Anyway, fast forward a few months and it seems the guys car wasn’t as knackered as he feared, it was a simple pipework problem, but he kept quiet and sold the charger on eBay for a pile of cash and got found out.

Any mention of it got the mods all hot and bothered and they’d remove any mention of it and pull out the ban hammer if anyone made too much of a fuss about it

Deako!

Haha, we ripped him about that so much at the time. Such a dickhead act, he absolutely got destroyed over that and deservedly so.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Seeing as everybody is flush with tyres except me:

I’m after some tyres, very much so!
    What do you guys have?

I am after soft 26×2.4ish nobblers for the front and something similar and harder compound for the rear. To fit Blue Pig Mk 1 and Pike Mk 1 coils. I always buy folding tyres if I can as they’re a little lighter. A little worn is fine.

Very happy to make a charity donation.

Email in profile, based in Bradford.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Part of me wants those free tyres and a couple of extras won’t be noticed amongst the pile of hardly used ones I have ! Sadly @gofaster they are in a lockup so I cant easily have a search, not sure I’ve got any as wide as 2.4

OP, yes that’s a bit of a party foul selling on stuff you got for free.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Picking up free stuff on here and selling it on pinkbike’ is closed to new replies.