Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • picket line with a Starbucks coffee and your iphone…You are having a laugh !
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

This morning whilst walking past a well known university I witnessed some of the pickets were happily texting away on their brand new iphones with a starbucks coffee in the other hand !

Now that really is taking the p*ss after all we all know starbuks cost the earth and a tariff for an iphone costs min of £40 per month ! Shouldnt they be saving their money for a pension…

of course I am not saying all picketers have iphones….

symapathy not !

clubber
    Free Member

No, they should be able to choose what they spend their money on. The strike isn’t claiming poverty, it’s complaining about unfair treatment.

(I’m not really on either side on the strike – in some ways I agree, in others I don’t. FWIW, it directly affects me as Mrs Clubber works in the NHS)

AdamW
    Free Member

Yeah, and all those mad capitalists. Using. The. NHS. Good grief! Next thing they’ll be using public roads and not private ones. Is there no end to this madness!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Forge_Master
    Free Member

1/10
    poor effort.

Duggan

Dry them

GrahamS

Ah right – so people should only strike when they are living in complete poverty?

They shouldn’t cause a fuss if the government try to completely shaft their pensions because they can still afford a coffee?

Also

a tariff for an iphone costs min of £40 per month

Erm.. no it doesn’t.

sofatester
    Free Member

Stalin would be very upset indeed.

Drac

Starbucks probably gave them the coffee for free as it’s good promotion, you want to start shopping around as iPhones can be had for a lot less than that. Add to that what clubber said.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

“Now that really is taking the p*ss after all we all know starbuks cost the earth and a tariff for an iphone costs min of £40 per month ! Shouldnt they be saving their money for a pension…”

My i-phone costs me 18 quid a month, and lets be honest, drinking starbucks is practically a punishment. Stop talking arse, there’s a good chap…

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

freedom of speech !

its very rude to call some one a retard ! not very PC ! (prezet -d*ck)

scaredypants

ah, so late – sorry

well done (almost) 😉 everyone

Duggan

I can’t wait til I make my first million and then I’ll finally be able to get an iphone and a coffee

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I am old enough to apologise prezet

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tell you what, next time you need hospital treatment, should we means test you and turn you away if you earn too much?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

you can hiss all you like having an iphone is a luxury we all know if you want the latest one it either costs upfron or the tariffs are expensive…obvously if you have a trampy 3gs then you are laughing !

*i still run my trusty old blackberry

binners

I refuse to acknowledge anything short of this

As a ‘proper’ strike

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Protesting against pensions/unfair wealth distribution != protesting aginast capitalism

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

barnsleymitch now that is astupid thing to say ! really !

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

That’s me binners, second from the right, with the police officers testicles in my hand!

philconsequence
    Free Member

mrsconsequence has an iphone (costs less than 30 a month with insurance) and occasionally treats herself to a starbucks hot choccy. as a result she sacrifices other luxuries to make do on her poor public sector (probation) wage.

she’s in work today, like all her colleagues in the prison.

out of interest, what do you do for a job mr geezer? do you own a smart phone and have you ever had an expensive coffee?

djglover
    Free Member

Now I am not supportive of this strike in any way. But why coffee and Iphones are relevant to you I’m not sure, they are just the trappings of modern society. The miners might have had colour TV in the 70’s for example.

Are you saying the only people who can strike are those that can’t afford coffee or iphones or only those that consume inconspicuously can strike?

What do you think of strikers who have parked their beemer oir 4X4 round the corner?

CaptJon
    Free Member

thomthumb
    Free Member

you can hiss all you like having an iphone is a luxury

so they shouldn’t be allowed to complain about pensions?

what if it is a 3g?

what about nokia 3310 – nobody should have to put up with a pension that means you use a nokia 3310.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

ok you lot win !

i hang my head in shame !

yes we are all entitled to have what we like…iphone bmw coffee…etc etc

still no sympathy though…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Where can I get an Iphone 4s for less than £40 a month on 18 month contract?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

what about nokia 3310 says it all take a hike to carphone warehouse

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

“barnsleymitch now that is astupid thing to say ! really !”
    Just to clarify – you appeared, in your opening post, to be saying that if people appear to have material wealth (i-phones, starbucks coffee), then they have no right to strike. What I meant with my, admittedly, tongue in cheek reply, was that … tell you what, I cant be bothered.

GrahamS

geezer: You seem deeply confused about the purpose of these strikes and, well, strikes in general.

They are not saying “We don’t have enough money to afford food”.

They are saying that “The government want me to pay 25% more towards my pension, then give me 12% less when I retire, and they want me to work in a physically demanding job until I am 68. And that’s not a very fair deal.”

How does having coffee or smartphones alter that?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

barnsleymitch nor can I !

im going on strike ! oh sorry I meant on my trike…

allthepies
    Free Member

iPhone FFS!

The new Google Nexus FTW.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

When did Starbucks start selling coffee?

Drac

Where can I get an Iphone 4s for less than £40 a month on 18 month contract?

How do you know they were a 4s? How do you know what contract they had?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

i never said 4s…

Drac

i never said 4s…

Yes I know that’ll be why I didn’t quote you.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – your sympathy, or lack of it, is completely immaterial to me. A little understanding, however, would be much appreciated. As a registered psychiatric nurse with about twenty five years experience, I’m not on a bad wage (about twentynine grand a year). However, it’s not about the money. I currently work in an environment where I stand a fair to middling chance of getting my head kicked in on a daily basis by some twenty year old with a personality disorder and a heavy crystal meth habit. This, as anyone who works in this field will tell you, is not that unusual. I am fifty one, and the thought of having to do this in my late sixties is a bit of a worry.

GrahamS

i never said 4s…

Well you’re more wronger then.

Quick check shows you can have an iPhone 4 for £18.50 a month on O2 (and I’m sure there are better deals out there).

BermBandit
    Free Member

The real issue here is there do seem to be an awful lot of people about who seem to think that because they personally have been treated poorly that everyone else should be treated at least as badly if not worse, otherwise they are not entitled to complain. Monty Python “You’re lucky, we used to live in a shoe box on’t A1” Stylee

I had a very similar conversation yesterday with my bookkeeper, who seems to think that because her policeman ex husband is an utter cock then all other public service employees are too.

All a bit weird if you ask me.

nickf
    Free Member

i never said 4s…

on their brand new iphones

By implication, that’s exactly what you said. Frankly, I think you’re talking cobblers. I don’t support the strike, but the whole point is that they think they’re being screwed for the future. I accept the point, just think we’re all in this together.

The first and, hopefully, the last time I’ll ever quote DC.

gwaelod
    Free Member

my iphone is provided by my public service employer, and I can use my employers credit card at starbucks

sweepy
    Free Member

Unfitgeezer everytime you start one of these posts you look a little bit more ridiculous.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘picket line with a Starbucks coffee and your iphone…You are having a laugh !’ is closed to new replies.