Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pickenflick V Tripster
  • luddite
    Free Member

I know this site has a lovefest for the Tripster but how does yhe Pickenflick compare on ride quality?

pryally
    Free Member

I ahve both the old version of the Pickenflick and a Tripster – I much prefer the geometry of the Pickenflick, the front of the tripster just feels to high even with no spacers and flipped stem. Not sure on ride quality as my tripster is set up for the road (28mm tubeless) and the pickenflick is mixed with 35mm clements.

I guess it depends what you prefer but the complete pickenflick looks great value at £1600

mrhoppy

Pickenflick doesn’t have rack or guard mounts does it? The head angles a fair bit steeper too.

damascus
    Free Member

The pickenflick only fits a maximum 46t chainset although I believe some have fitted bigger with a work around.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I love my Pick. Just totally annoyed that I bought the 2nd one in April and now they are hydraulic braked for the same money. 😆
    Mudguards were no big deal. P clips at the rear and Raceblades fasteners on the right fork. 3m super Velcro under the fork for that mount.

ransos
    Free Member

Pickenflick doesn’t have rack or guard mounts does it? The head angles a fair bit steeper too.

On that point, didn’t Brant say they were going to do a new version with mounts and the ability to take a road chainset? Any news on that?

pryally
    Free Member

I think the new one works with ‘normal’ chainsets. Isn’t that the London Road model he was talking about (I know its not titanium)

yathers
    Free Member

Hey Mattsccm, have you any pics or a more detailed descripton on how you’ve manages to fit mudguards, and which ones thanks as I need to for commuting duties.

MoreCashThanDash

Thought the latest Picknflick was sorted for guards and normal road compacts?

brassneck

You’re probably actually able to buy a Pickenflick.

Not that I’m bitter.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Front right started with a bit of rubber strap at bottom of fork with bolt to guard mount. Now replaced with the small stainless bracket front some Raceblades that mount to QR skewer. Front left is mechano right angle bracket to caliper bracket. Lots of variations possible. Mount under fork is that 3m super Velcro stuff. Bobproof. A rear I use stainless p clips on seat stay, seat stay bridge and chainstay bridge.

yathers
    Free Member

Thanks mattsccm, are you actually using raceblades though?? Ive got raceblade long, but was thinking the raceblade xl for the pickenflick as not sure of clearance on the raceblade longs??

mattsccm
    Free Member

Raceblades on a Pick???????.
    Nope, the widest SKS I could get. 50mm. Just bought a pack of race blade mounts for a few quid.
    Winter tyres are 30mm Challenge Strada Bianca’s. A large bit of damp course plastic makes a nice matching mud flap at both ends

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pickenflick V Tripster’ is closed to new replies.