Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Picked up new car and someone has dented it already!!!
  • renton
    Free Member

I’m absolutely fed up.

I went over to pick up my new to me car yesterday and I was really impressed as there were no dents on it at all.

We have just stopped at the services on the M6 a d come back out to the car a d there is a lovely big parking dent in the passenger side door.

I’m seething but can’t prove it was the shed parked next to us that did it.

Some people have no respect!!

How much is dent removal?

binners

I feel your pain. I had a new car for less than a week when someone scrawped right down the side of it, while it was parked outside a mates house, and buggered off. I suspect either someone pissed, or joyriding. Every panel down one side, and even managed to scuff both alloys. Gggggggrrrrrrrr

It’ll probably polish out….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thats a shitter.

Dent removal from £50 for a mobile job that’ll come to your home.

Hope you get it sorted all nice again.

Life is full of TICs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no cameras to check ?

renton
    Free Member

Nope and I parked it miles from everyone else and on an end slot.

the-muffin-man

Bit of a bummer – at least it’s only a dent.

We picked up a new car once and 5 hours later it was stolen from outside a country pub. It was eventually found burnt-out on a local industrial estate.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s a right pain in the arse, some people just don’t respect other peoples stuff.

Nope and I parked it miles from everyone else and on an end slot.

Was the car park busy, if not why did they choose to park beside your car.

But I guess its as well to get the first dent over and done with, it won’t stay dent free forever.

retro83
    Free Member

renton – Member

I’m absolutely fed up.

I went over to pick up my new to me car yesterday and I was really impressed as there were no dents on it at all.

We have just stopped at the services on the M6 a d come back out to the car a d there is a lovely big parking dent in the passenger side door.

I’m seething but can’t prove it was the shed parked next to us that did it.

Some people have no respect!!

How much is dent removal?

It’s not that much, get it done and forget about it or it will drive you bonkers!

If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar incident when I first got my car resulting in a crunched rear quarter panel, then after getting it repaired out of my own pocket, somebody else crashed into the other side.
    Not long later, a transit I was following had a nasty bout of plyboard diarrhea which cartwheeled on their edges down the road and **** up the front of the car as well.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I always park at the far end of any supermarket car park away from any other car but 99% of the time I come back to find some two hat has parked in the next bay.

I had three dents in the front near side door and one in the rear near side quarter removed a few months ago on my pickup. Cost me £50 and he was done in about 40 minutes. He even did another dent on the divers door I hadn’t seen.

Was very impressed with the finished job, being black it shows everything but now there’s not so much as a mark.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I gave up buying mint cars

I once bought mrs tr a mint condition golf with not a mark on it

With a month – door dings on the rear arches like everyother golf

Within a year- dings and dents all over and kerbed alloys.

Next time i bought a car- i bought dinged and dented for cheap and now dont care about more dents 🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Pal at work picked up his brand new car and got tail ended 2 minutes later as he waited to turn into the garage to fill it up…

sbob
    Free Member

bluearsedfly – Member

I always park at the far end of any supermarket car park away from any other car but 99% of the time I come back to find some two hat has parked in the next bay.

I always park next to singular vehicles at the far end of the car park so they don’t get lonely.
    I only wear one hat at a time though.

thered

Should be about £30 + VAT, whereabouts are you based as I know some excellent denty’s but they won’t travel.

As above, I know how careless people are and I tend to park far away, yet almost always come back to find some gimp has parked next to me – usually about a foot away too.

I’ve been sat in a car once and someone has banged their door into mine. They then proceeded to go mental at me for having the audacity to be annoyed at them.

My conclusion – we are surrounded by idiots!

rob2
    Free Member

Man I feel your pain. My 6 year old Honda Jazz has car park dents everywhere.

One huge one from some c— in morrisons car park in burnham on sea when I parked miles from anyone. I’ve now chosen to only park by brand new posh cars on the assumption they don’t want their car bashed

Gachet
    Free Member

I’ve now chosen to only park by brand new posh cars on the assumption they don’t want their car bashed

I don’t think you’re even safe doing that as some people that lease new cars think that it doesn’t matter how they treat it as they don’t ‘own’ it. Shame that they get a nasty shock when they hand it back and get charged a fortune for ever bit of damage!

matt_outandabout

I had the same – bought a (new to us) car, it was polished and lovely with a few minor marks on it when I collected.
    Stopped at a supermarket on way home.
    Got home, climbed out car to mrs_oab saying ‘why the big scratch down the back door?’
    👿

bianchiboy
    Free Member

As everyone says people have no respect for other peoples property or is it jealousy??

Lost count in the 3 years since we got a our new Alfa how many scapes we have had inc 3 insurance claims even caught one in the act while we were sitting in car and they did’t even say sorry!

Will never buy new again unless it has 2 wheels which can be looked after and kept away from scumbags easier than a car.

cbike
    Free Member

Life is too short. No point in getting annoyed. What will it actually achieve? Nothing. I don’t think anyone does it deliberately and there is no accounting for the elderly, children or wind despite how careful you might be. You chose to be precious and yous take yer chance. Remember it’s just a metal box you move round at high speed with your dinner in. Of course its gonna get dented.

timber

Used to have a big old estate car that I had bought as scrap that didn’t have a single straight panel. There always ways used to be a halo of spaces around it and on the couple of times it got dinged, people always left notes and covered the cost of parts to fix it.

Had a few nicer cars and it is very annoying, have reverted to something a bit tatty that I’m not so fussed about (and quite happy with a bit of tit for tat behaviour).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Same happened to me with a new (to me) Mondeo estate, within the first 3 months it had 3 big car park dents in it, then nothing for 9 years.

rascal
    Free Member

The amount of times I’ve parked as far as possible away from other cars and come back to find cars next to mine is silly….there’s loads of spaces nearer to the store – go and park somewhere else you twunts! 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

You guys have got it all wrong.

Park in the busy bit because the people who really can’t park are going to avoid a tricky parking space. And the busy part you have to drive carefully because its busy.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I always park miles away and always get some banger parked right next to my door, usually a 3 door too for maximum door impact potential GRRRR

Never catch them in the act though.

Current car is still waiting on an insurance bodyshop repair from a young teen driver cutting me up and scraping down my wing. I’ve had a few hit my current car and past the point of caring anymore now. Don’t think I could buy a brand spanker and sleep at night in todays society.

tonyg2003

I always take the wife’s car to the supermarket. Never worried then!

julians
    Free Member

Its not jealousy or anything like that , its usually just old people (normally in nissan micras or a small Kia).

They cant control their arms well enough/dont have enough spatial awareness/cant turn their heads far enough/cant see well enough etc etc when opening doors, so they dont know when they’re about to bash it into the car next to them.

very annoying though.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Worst sight is returning to the car to see a wife loading her kids into the back seat while leaning on the door, which is scraping the side of your door, then getting in the driver door and dinging it again 👿

oldboy
    Free Member

I feel your pain, OP. It’s happened to me and I now park at the far end of the carpark away from any other cars, even though it might mean a long walk!

legalalien
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR
    I’ve been sat in a car once and someone has banged their door into mine. They then proceeded to go mental at me for having the audacity to be annoyed at them.

As soon as I started reading this thread I though “Ooh, I actually have a possibly unique spin on a car denting story”, but nope, TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR pipped me to proving that the world is indeed populated by incomprehensible people.

Mrs LegalAlien, daughter and I had parked well away from the rest of the cars in a car park. We were all in the car and I started the engine, about to leave, and someone proceeded to pull up on our passenger side about a foot from our car.

The woman in the car then opened her door, banging into ours while chatting on her phone. She seemed to struggle to try to get out of the car and my wife banged on our window. The woman saw us, then got really angry that we were audacious enough to alert her to the fact that she was damaging our car! She squirmed back into her car and drove off before it really sunk in what had happened. To this day, it baffles us what on earth she was thinking.

We took the ‘life is too short’ option and just laugh about the incredulity of it rather than getting wound up.

jools182
    Free Member

Not that it helps you any, but someone keeps scratching my car when it’s outside my house, lots of little scratches down to the primer

It’s extremely annoying

Hopefully yours will be repaired

I can’t see the point in getting mine done until I find out who’s doing it

totalshell

got rear ended while parked in hebden bridge before xmas.. the very nice lady in the volvo estate said id reversed into her.. even though id been sat reading the paper eating fish and chips for the best part of an hour.. thankfully the nice lady in the shop i was parked ouside came out and said she’d seen her drive straight into me.

milky1980
    Free Member

Was with a mate for his maiden drive in his brand new Saxo back in my college days only for someone in a big Lexus to open their door into the front wing at McDonald’s. Cue a few choice words only for the Lexus driver to say ‘It’s only a car FFS!’. Cue my mate saying ‘Oh, in that case you won’t mind me doing this then..’

He promptly walked over the Lexus from rear to front, no need to be aggressive as he was 20 stone so managed to cave in each panel he touched 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

I once walked over to my car in a Sainsbury’s car park, and I approached I could see a lady kindly resting her door on my my car. As I got closer she pulled it in a bit, but hadn’t seen me. When I asked her why she was hitting my car with her door, she kicked off at me about how she never touched it.

Some people seem to lack the ability to ever accept they are wrong….and to make it worse usually go on the offence as a result going off the choice language that followed.

deepreddave
    Free Member

totalshell – A shame you can’t report her for attempted fraud or similar! I despair at some of the members of our society.

matt_outandabout

Sainsbury’s Jamie? Oh la de dah….

br
    Free Member

My pal use to do this, and then complain about how people parked next to him – well, says I. Better to park next to a car that looks like it is cared for than one that isn’t; and nothing says ‘cared for’ better than a sparkling car parked on its own.

project
    Free Member

Older chap in local car park, got confused with his automatic car, reversed slowly into a wall, bang, then accelerated fast into car opposite, pannicked reversed back into another car ,then forward into another.

and in another supermarket car park, muppet having row with wife, shoves trolley away which then rolls down hill inot nice new car, big dent in door,they then drove off fast.

rocketman
    Free Member

The Focus was a couple of weeks old when someone opened their door into it while I was sitting in it on a car park. As above remonstrating just brought a tirade of abuse.

Also while parked on a slightly sloping field the next car pulls in alongside and the kid in the back opens his door and lets it go into mine

Oooooh mind the man’s car
    🙄

At least the Mondeo was a few months old before someone swiped it reversing out of car park

Curiously an aquaintance has a dark grey 07 Bentley which without really trying manages to look extremely threatening. Guaranteed he can park it anywhere and there is always a halo of spaces around it

Jamie
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s Jamie? Oh la de dah….

It’s the best car park for the Aldi over the road 8)

If I go posh, then I go to Waitrose, daaaarrrhling!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Guess it must be frustrating since you’ve just picked it up, I know I’d be annoyed. It’s probably best just to shrug your shoulders and accept it’s only and car, and this sort of accident is bound to happen every now and again. Also worth getting some of those plastic bump stops for the edges of your doors, then you can open them without a care in the world.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Picked up new car and someone has dented it already!!!’ is closed to new replies.