Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pick me a laptop from PC World for £400 please!
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just had our laptop written off by PC World insurance and have a £400 voucher to spend in one of their stores.

I’m completely lost as to what to buy, will only be used for email, itunes, adult sites and web browsing so it doesn’t have to be anything spectacular.

Would rather stick to Toshiba/HP/Sony if poss!

Cheers.

allthegear
    Free Member

Given your requirements, I’d go for iPad.

Less software maintenance required than a laptop, works with iTunes, fewer moving parts to go wrong than a laptop.

Rachel

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, but should have said we already have an ipad.

Personally prefer a laptop as I find it easier to browse the web on (old fashioned I think they call it).

Del

using a tosh here and i’m afraid i cannot recommend. it’s flimsy, the keyboard is poor, the touchpad appears to have packed up, and there’s something funny about the usb ports used in conjunction with a mouse that means you loose the mouse every so often – it just takes time to wake up. rather poor. 🙁

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Eeek, not good. Did have a Tosh equium something or other which has been spot on for 5 years so maybe they have gone downhill?

What about this? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/sony-vaio-fit-15-e-svf1521g2ew-15-5-touchscreen-laptop-white-21904576-pdt.html

beanum

I wouldn’t count out Lenovo laptops – we’ve got an IdeaPad Yoga and love it.

Lenovo Yoga

We bought it for it’s small size and portability and were expecting it to be pretty slow but it zips along quite nicely and boots in seconds. If you don’t need the flip screen tablet mode or find it too small then there’s the Flex14 with a bigger screen at the same price…

Lenovo Flex 14

Pigface
    Free Member

Strangely I have a Tosh and it has been great no issues at all, it doesnt get used much because if the ipad, only criticism is the horrible speakers and it doesnt go very loud but it is a lap top not a stereo (is that showing my age)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Why not just go to PC World and see which models you like? Then check online for reviews.

andytherocketeer

at that price, Lenovo, Asus or maybe Acer.

at that price without need for iTunes or any specific software requirements, a Chromebook, and £100 cash to spend on something else too.

unovolo
    Free Member

Compromise? Get something like a Microsoft Surface tablet with the Keyboard cover.

Built in kickstand so can be used on a tabletop with the cover as a Pseudo laptop,
    or used as a touch screen tablet when your looking at Adult Art pamphlets when your on the loo.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Meh you’re not doing anything demanding, I’d get this as it’s got a big screen and good enough HD when you’re roughing up the suspect.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/acer-e1-772-17-3-laptop-silver-21837725-pdt.html

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Have a look at PCW refurbished. used to be good value, full ewarranty etc, but no idea what they’re like now.
    Mine’s is a Compaq BTW, well built and no problems

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

same as joolsburger, I’d go for the bigger screen over spec if you’re just web browsing and aren’t going to be putting any other great demands on it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, will have a proper look at the acer when I bob down. The extra screen size might come in handy!

Not too sure of the funky laptop come tablet types, they look a bit gimmyky.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pick me a laptop from PC World for £400 please!’ is closed to new replies.