Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pic Critic
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Pishe or Not ?

Better or Worse big screen.

Snap grabbed on the way home from a recent ride.

Sorry about the DOG.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To me, it needs 'something' under the bridge. It just looks unfinished at the bottom. A bit top heavy. Leave a bit of water in, with a different crop. Lovely sky though. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

I can recrop. But loads of grass. I 'll shove up another.

redthunder
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not much, just a bit more… 🙂

EDIT
    Crossed posts. Yeah that looks better. Others may disagree though… 🙂

CountZero

I can see what PP means, but generally speaking, the foreground there isn't that exciting. Sometimes the 'Rule of Thirds' is there to be broken. I rather like it, the sky is terrific, and having the Severn Bridge just along the bottom gives a nice sense of scale. The sky wouldn't really work without something in the lower part, and there's bugger-all else there. Personally, you're gonna have to go a long way to top the rainbow and bridge shot.

redthunder
    Free Member

The rainbow shot was a coup 🙂

bruneep

I prefer this pic from your collection 😯

would sir care to comment.

Strangelove
    Free Member

Yeah that looks better. Others may disagree though

I disagree
    I liked the original crop with the bridge underlining the sky. A massive piece of engineering and architecture made to look small and isolated.

samuri
    Free Member

I prefer the first picture (after the doll obviously) although it's a tad over exposed in the top left.

CountZero

Yup, that foreground was exactly what I was expecting. Like I said, sometimes a rule needs to be broken to get a photo to work. I'm sure there are arty types who would critisise it, but I like it as it is. That top left corner is close to the sun, hence the slight burning out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pic Critic’ is closed to new replies.