Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pi££ pot helmets who wears em?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Anyone wear one in the winter months?
    looking for one with as little venst as possible,TSG any good?

chamley
    Free Member

Yeah TSG are very good, I've had one of those in the past. Only replaced it cos it was very manky after about 8 years use! I'm now using a protec which I'd also rate

Blower
    Free Member

im after as little vents as possible, i suffer from bad headaches in the winter from the cold winds etc,
    yeah protec seen them somwhere too.

TheSanityAssassin

Get one of them Head skiing lids and cover your ears aswell.

I promise not to point and laugh at you.

Honest…

carlosg
    Free Member

If yo want to keep your head a bit warmer get one of the winter bike hats from Aldi on thursday.

toys19
    Free Member

I use a protec canoeing helemt, with high density foam liner, keeps ya warm, I also often cover it with a army helmet cover, fits perfectly and keeps ya really warm. From any army surplus ofr not many quids.

Blower
    Free Member

well if i dont cover up i cant ride,serious pains,
    so gonna get one of the tsg ones i reackon..;0)

carbon337
    Free Member

Ive got a TSG superlight – handled a big crash I had 2 weeks ago just fine.

Its ace even in summer its not too warm – much prefer the full head coverage compared to an XC lid.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I bought a Speed Stuff pot lid for about £20 to use snowboarding. It's also getting MTB use in cold weather – it's so much warmer than a vented XC lib.

epicyclo

I just put duct tape on the front of mine.

Leave the back open to allow the steam to escape it to breathe 🙂

(Stops it icing up)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

looking for one with as little venst as possible

POC do one with enclosed vents, the Receptor+. You can also tweak it to make it good for wakeboarding and skiing too!

I ski in one, but have yet to use it on a wakeboard. However, I shall be doing so next week! Woop! Woop!

AlasdairMc

I just use a merino skullcap for any winter riding, no need for another helmet

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member
    I just use a merino skullcap for any winter riding, no need for another helmet

TJ to the forum, please! TJ to the forum, please!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Iv'e got a Protec. Ace Dig I think. Great hat and much tougher than the normal sort.

Coyote
    Free Member

I use the Giro Flak for the colder months and very comfy it is too.

julianwilson
    Free Member

protec ace here too, too hot for much at this time of year but nice in the winter. The vents' position on the ace mean you can get a velcro-mounted headlamp on in a sensible position for night rides (but look like a pot-holer!).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pi££ pot helmets who wears em?’ is closed to new replies.