Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • physio/sports injury in Edinburgh
  • stavaigan
    Free Member

ANy recommends? Chronic groin injury that been ignoring for years and now becoming difficult to walk. is it possible to see a physio without paying a packet?

Northwind

I get a staff discount at Balanced Physiotherapy so I go there- they’ve been very good, I crocked myself the week before tweedlove this year, bad enough that I couldn’t get my trousers on. A week later I solo’d the gt7, the week after that I raced the EWS, I’m pretty sure I’d have still had trouble getting out of bed otherwise. It’s not cheap, but then if you give me a £40 bill for my bike I’d pay it, so I didn’t begrudge paying it for my me. The guys at Heriot-Watt work with a lot of pro athletes, they somehow mistook me for one 😆 I don’t know if their other clinics are the same.

NHS though? I had really good treatment for my bust hip from my NHS physio, and she pushed it a long way past basic function. I was a wee bit skeptical but it was great (I changed physios quite early, the first one was also good but too nice, I needed a bully)

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

My wife has used Space on Dalry road several times and rates them. They are physios for Scotland Rugby team,for what it’s worth.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Get yourself to an NHS physio. I know a lot of physios who work in private practice and all of them, other than those who work for sports teams exclusively, work mostly in the NHS. My advice would be to try FASIC.

I would offer to see you but I have too much work on as it is.

iainc

+1 for Space, ask for Stephen Mutch, he knows cyclists inside out. I’ve seen him with various issues over the years.

unknown
    Free Member

FASIC sorted my knee out a few years ago, heard good things about them from others too.

stavaigan
    Free Member

thanks folks

roundwheels
    Free Member

+1 for fasics, I’ve had quite a few injuries due to my broken down body . They have always pointed me in the right direction, not to mention they are linked with the best surgeons available in the country if necessary (a route I had to go).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘physio/sports injury in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.