Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Photoshop type software
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

Is there any simple and free software out there?

DezB
    Free Member
    scaled
    Free Member

Bring out The Gimp

gravity-slave
    Free Member

GIMP

Not that simple, but free and very powerful.

If you add the GIMPshop plugin it looks more like photoshop.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

GIMP for free in the style of photoshop
    Photoshop and the entire adobe creative suite has a 1 month trial at the moment
    However they are not the simplest of products, what are you trying to do with them?

nickjb
    Free Member

How much editing do you want to do? Gimp is pretty powerful but also complicated. Paint.net is nice and simple for doing basic stuff (cropping, minor colour tweaks, red eye, etc).

Eyepic
    Free Member

I am a basic user.. Want to corect colour balance and remove some telephone wires from a landscape…. nothing complicated.

scuzz
    Free Member

Gimp’ll do that well easy. The learning curve isn’t that bad. It’s basically the same as photoshop for most basic things, yet different enough to make photoshop users feel uncomfortable.

Eyepic
    Free Member

and crop

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep and 1000’s of other things if you have the know how (google)

scuzz
    Free Member

There you gooooooooooooooo
    For extra-extra clarity, the magic floating menu with the ‘Crop to Selection’ bit happens when you right click on the picture… but it’s the same menu as the one at the top. Which I’ve only just noticed

CountZero

Not sure if GIMP has adjustment layers, but its really worth learning how to use them if it has. The other main difference between Ps and GIMP is CMYK support, which is missing from GIMP. Not an issue if you’re not going for commercial repro. From what I’ve read GIMP is excellent, once you get a handle on it.

GrahamS

I’m a fan of paint.net – free, fairly powerful, but not as nearly complex as the GIMP:

http://www.getpaint.net/

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If it’s just digital developing you’re wanting to do, then Darktable is pretty useful. It’s not editing software, so no high heels on badgers or similar manipulations.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Can I stitch photos with Picassa or Gimp?

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    ampthill

No but ICE is great and free (windows only)

ice

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop type software’ is closed to new replies.