Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Photoshop Text Jagged Problems Anti Aliasing?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve been having a play around with Photoshop and usually quite confident but I seem to have run into a problem that I don’t know a solution for.

The text seems very jagged even with AA set to smooth which doesnt make sense to me.. its a professional graphics program why is it struggling and what can I do to improve it!

alexxx
    Free Member

oops adding it like that auto resizes… please see this link:

click here for fullsize image!

argyle
    Free Member

use illustrator. HTH

dan1980
    Free Member

Not massively familiar with Photoshop, but is it putting the text on as a bitmap rather than a vector component?

alexxx
    Free Member

nah illustrator renders the same issues

user-removed
    Free Member

There’s usally an option in the toolbar to make text either crisp or smooth (when you have the text tool selected) – might be worth trying ‘smooth’. I think it only gives you that option with its own fonts though, not with imported fonts….

alexxx
    Free Member

thats with aa already set to smooth sadly 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

what happens when you convert the text to a layer (ie rasterize it)?

ben
    Free Member

Try rasterizing the text when the text is horizontal, before rotating it.

I find with PhotoShop if you keep text editable and try and rotate it at all it has a hissy fit.

coogan
    Free Member

No offence, but is it a cheap font? TrueType? Downloaded from an online ‘free fonts’ site? Like said above, duplicate the layer and raster it and see what happens.

leffeboy

Are you sure it isn’t just because you saved it as a jpg? Normally you are better using .png for images with text I thought

alexxx
    Free Member

nope looks hump in ps nothing to do with compression – tried rasta skills no joy.

it is a cheap font but helvetica also has a hissy

argyle
    Free Member

what settings are you using for save for web?

would outlining the text help at all?

joemarshall
    Free Member

What resolution is your image? From zooming in to your, high res image, it just looks like normal zoomed in anti aliased text?

Angled text naturally looks worse in low res images as fonts are often designed with vertical and horizontal edges, so as to look nice when rasterised.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I might be setting myself to look like a fool here but I can’t see much wrong with that image. Your text is only 16 pixels high even when measured at the angle. That’s not a lot of dots to make a smooth transition. The straight lines above and below the text are equally jagged. I ‘d say It’s just a problem of working at a low resolution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop Text Jagged Problems Anti Aliasing?’ is closed to new replies.