Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Photosharing full resolution – Any simple ones – Urgent Plea.
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Want to be able to share photos in full resolution. I’ve people wanting to share photos with me of yesterday’s event and I want to give the people involved press access today. I’ve told people to send via email for now, but that is very manual and others can’t see it of course.

I’ve been via facebook, gmail photos (it has changed since lasat time I had it working), picasa3, google+ and I’m going mad. I nearly had it each time (I think) but failed

I’m trying Flickr next, then photobucket.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Any suggestions! Ability to upload from a mobile would be great.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

dropbox?

butcher

+1 for drop box, if all you just need to do is send them to other people. It’s becoming the de-facto standard at the minute.

Think you need a pro account for Flickr if you want full resolution – though I could be wrong.

Photobucket – can’t remember. Possibly. Worth a try.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

off to dropbox. fingers crossed.

Wonder if it can do video too…. maybe one for tomorrow

donsimon
    Free Member

Dropbox.
    Yousendit. (14day free trial).
    Flickr, maybe.
    Picasa.

butcher

Dropbox isn’t a photo host like the others. It just allows you to transfer large files. Up to 2gb worth with a free account, I believe.

So yes, you can transfer anything.

grum
    Free Member

I use Dropbox for delivering photos to clients, works very well (apart from my crappy upload speeds). If you install the software you can have a Dropbox folder in Finder (or presumably the windows equivalent), and when you stick stuff in there it automatically uploads it for you. You can then right click on it in the Finder folder to get a link you can send to someone.

tinribz
    Free Member

Sounds a bit old school these days but what about buying some web space and a domain name, write about 3 lines of html and link to the pics?

Lesanita2
    Free Member

how do others upload to this account from a PC?
    Can they do it from their smart phone?

sorry to be thick

atlaz
    Free Member

I did write a shitty PHP script for this years ago. Creates an ugly thumbnail page with links to full resolution. No help to you I guess.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Geeting others to upload. Would this work. Ask uploaders to download dropbox. I could give others I want to upload pics my dropbox user name and password for a few days. I’ll change password after they have all uploaded.

Allowing others to view and download – I can do individual files (example) Now trying to work out how they can look at the whole drop box public folder and browse through all the photos without having to send a link for each photo (approx 100).

I am too old!

tinribz
    Free Member

You could ftp them all yourself in seconds to a folder, the folder contents would be accessible from the web.

If you want to allow other people to be able to upload via a browser you’d need to incorporate a php upload script in to a web page, and if you have to ask, it probably means it would take you a few days to get that working.

Fun project though.

Ewan
    Free Member

Flickr does full res. Not sure if you need a pro account tho.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

@tinribz – if only I understood that. I’m a bit out of date. I’m sure I could pick it up.

Looks like best way is going to be an email with 100 links to dropbox in at the moment. It will allow mme to put a description against each one. If it wasn’t for the press interest (I guess they need full resolution photos), I’d probabaly go for Facebook, then you can add comments etc.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I think I just stumbled on the folder link for others to view pictures.

link

Clever stuff this. Now only the upload bit to sort. I think it is going to have to be they email me, then I upload.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I know it will be simple when I get it.

butcher

Looks like best way is going to be an email with 100 links to dropbox in at the moment.

You misunderstand modern technology. It’s there to make your life easier.

Upload files to folder. Then you share the folder – rather than the individual files. You can choose who you share folders with, or you can make them public.

If the recipients haven’t got a Dropbox account already, then you’ll be doing them a favour by introducing them to it, because they should have.

Once everyone has an account, you can then all upload to the same folder.

Simples.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

@butcher – I hear what you are saying, but it is always simple if you know how.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Tinbred
    Free Member

You could use Googledrive or other online storage eg Windows live and then share the folder with the recipients.

You drop them in the folder, it syncs with the online version, they download. Not sure if they need Gmail to access it or not.

When they are done delete the folder from your online storage and the files disappear.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Photosharing full resolution – Any simple ones – Urgent Plea.’ is closed to new replies.