Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Photo's of the Icelandic smoky Volcano
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

stunning photos. no apologies needed as far as I'm concerned

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

yup – seen some of them before, but well worth a second gander – cheers

MikeT-23
    Free Member

We are insignificant little scum, scuttling around on the surface of this planet like we own the place. Meanwhile, our habitat toys with us. How long before it decides we're boring and dispenses with us?

I hadn't seen those pics, Jontawn, so thank you for posting them up. Absolutely stunning. Really. To say I feel humbled would be a complete understatement.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ace 8)

johnners
    Free Member

Nice one jontawn, ta.

kennyp
    Free Member

Superb. First time I've seen most of them.

nuke

Superb pics…nice one

Ambrose

I've been to a fair few of those places over the years. Stunning pics of an awesome phenommenon.

backhander
    Free Member

Can any scientific types explain all the lightening to me? Is it attracted by the lava or just coincidence?
    Absolutely stunning photos, thank you very much jontawn.

big_scot_nanny

superb, great link to some amazing shots that really show the size of the bugger. Mahoosive!

My favourite:

this is pretty cool. Guy apparently drove 1 hour beyond the police safe zone to get the shot. As he was there, he said the volcano started going crazy and he figured, well, I can't escape it now so might as well get the shot. Stunning!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Awesome they are … thanks for the link

Rochey
    Free Member

Really great pics, thanks.

CountZero

I've got a permanent homepage short cut to boston.com, and I was going to post up that link, but it slipped my mind. Excellent photos, and a really good site, thanks for getting it up here where others can appreciate it.
    They had some amazing photos from the Lunar Orbiter a while back, showing the Apollo landers and the astronaut's footprints in the dust. Remarkable.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

wow, great photos! had a feeling there would be some great pictures that would come from the eruption. that picture up there ^ is the best, but there are lots of amazing photos. might have to change over my desktop image now!

cheers jontawn for posting this. don't know if it is a double post but i don't care!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow indeed. Fantastic shots!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

All that lightning in the middle of the ash eruption; Wow. I'd be scared witless if I lived nearby. Poor Iceland.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Photo's of the Icelandic smoky Volcano’ is closed to new replies.