Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Photos from hot, dry, and dusty singletrack (i.e. not the UK)
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Finally got round to shoving all my photos from my holiday in Italy (Rivera Bike) on the interweb. Suffice to say the trails were amazing as was the location – thanks Ady, Jo, and Ray! Check them out here:

IMG_4748_flickr

oldgrump08
    Free Member

nice pics, trails look great. Don't suppose there's loads of xc trails (as opposed to freerid-y) there too?

Ewan
    Free Member

All of the trails are XC. Just downwards pointing. Some of them are properly technical, and far harder than some of the world cup courses in france, but there are tons of less technical riding as well.

Just imagine the best bits of singletrack in the UK, but better, and then string them all into one long run, and add some sunshine. And a van uplift.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looks superb – kinda Verbier-esque. Added to my list of places to ride…

zeus
    Free Member

A few pics from South Africa…..
    South Africa photos

Cheers

andysandes
    Free Member

What time of year were they taken?

zeus
    Free Member

The South African ones? All times of the year, I'd say!

=========================
    Live fast, take chances!

jonnymojo
    Free Member

What's the nearest city to these trails? I live in Pisa and would love to check this place out. I Like the switchback photo with you all riding down!

Far
    Free Member

Italian ones were taken first week of Oct; it was sunny and dry and low 20's so pretty much perfect riding conditions.

Nearest city is prob San Remo I'd guess but you wouldn't find much without a bit of local knowledge and the van uplift certainly comes in handy even if you're only after XC trails. Give the guys at rivierabike a shout.

nasher
    Free Member

Awesome photos there Ewan…cheers

I have passed your email to Ray, and he will be in Whistler for the last 2 weeks in August…

He is going with some friends and past guests who are in a big group so may be worth contacting him to see whether you can get a discount or something within the group.

I may be there for 7-10 days also but will have to see how busy we are.

Ciao

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Photos from hot, dry, and dusty singletrack (i.e. not the UK)’ is closed to new replies.