Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Photos from F’boro airshow (picture heavy!)
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I know lots of people on here like jets – thought I’d bung some photos up from the airshow – anyone got any others?

Cool Catalina flying boat

IMG_0153.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

A400M

IMG_0124.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

RAF Blades?

IMG_0445.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

A380 Kicking up spray

IMG_0258.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

F18

IMG_0478.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Britling jets – not sure what they are

IMG_0709.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Not bad actually – no red arrows tho!

IMG_0713.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Love the Eurofighter

IMG_0819.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

The one piece of blue sky all day!

IMG_0827.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Ear drums met in the middle when it did this! Much louder than anything else (even the Vulcan)

IMG_0824.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

The main event…

IMG_0866.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Taxiing back

IMG_0944.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Great pics – the Breitlings are Aero L-39s.

I still remember seeing the prototype Eurofighter flying back in about 1987 when it was called the EAP (European Advanced Prototype) as my dad worked on it. Amazing how long it take to come to service and how irrelevant it’s amazingly dogfighting ability is in modern warfare!

Duane…
    Free Member

Brilliant photos mate.

rkk01
    Free Member

Saw that A400M at Fairford a few years ago. Very impressive for a fat biffa

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

We had a caravan on the East coast of Fife, Crail, when I were t’lad, the site was below a huge embankment leading onto the beach. One night a Vulcan flew super low over the caravan site causing all sorts of mayhem gas canisters falling over, stuff rattling off shelves; I remember all the adults complaining about it, ‘cept me and me dad who just exchanged looks as if to say “how cool was that!”

Nice pics btw.

Ewan
    Free Member

I still remember seeing the prototype Eurofighter flying back in about 1987 when it was called the EAP (European Advanced Prototype) as my dad worked on it. Amazing how long it take to come to service and how irrelevant it’s amazingly dogfighting ability is in modern warfare!

I remember seeing that as well. I think it’s now in an engineering lecture theatre at loughborough uni (I may have just made that up – anyone care to confirm!)…

Didn’t think anyone rated the A400 – more expensive and less good than a C17 seemed to be the summary.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Glad to see the Vulcan is still flying, never seen that one but as a kid in Denmark, i have once seen a groupd of them flying over all training black smoke, was awesome.

Always liked Airshows but after being to the Flying Legend one at Duxford a few weeks ago i now find the Jets at airshows quite boring, but 20 WWII fighters in one big flyby now that is cool :0)

The Catalina pictured above, Miss Pick me up, was also at Duxford

Some pictures here

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to see where the price tag of a Breitling goes 😀

seadog101

My Dad and I were hoofing it up a mountain on the Isle of Mull many many moons ago.

Just as we crested a ridge we heard this bowel moving rumble and turned to see a Vulcan flying up the glen, directly at us as it climbed it’s way up to where we were standing.

It flew right over us, deafeningly loud, it felt like we culd have reacehed up and touched it. We ducked.

All planes ahould be made to fly like that.

grum
    Free Member

Not really into planes but nice photos – the third one is very good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Photos from F’boro airshow (picture heavy!)’ is closed to new replies.