Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Photoists – DIGITAL REV anyone ordered from them?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Says free shipping in the uk with local warranty, but i thought they were based in hong kong ? Wondering if you have to deal with import taxes Etc when ordering from them?

Cheers

seavers
    Free Member

Quite a few people at our studio have ordered personal kit from them, all Canon 5dMK3’s. No import tax, free delivery and the warranty has been one from Canon and not with DR. I couldn’t say if they were local warranties though. But can text a mate and ask if you like. Yes they are based in HK so I don’t know how they avoid import tax but no one I know has had an issue.

I’m planning on getting on using them for a Mk3 in a couple of weeks. What ever you do don’t use Simply Electronics. Grey import stuff, SE warranty which is next to useless.

stuarty
    Free Member

Yep there good
    No quibles

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, I have, all good.

One Stop Digital are just as good

seavers
    Free Member

If you are into your camera type stuff do a search for ‘camera price buster’. Lots of good info there including recent price drops and bargains.

organic355
    Free Member

I am after a 24-105 f4 L series lens and their price is quite reasonable. I will maybe order once my other lenses have sold on eBay

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got that lens, but bought it from HDEW cameras which were cheaper than DR at the time

MrSmith
    Free Member

HDEW are in the U.K. I have bought stuff from them as they are not far from me so I can collect plus I can claim the vat back.
    Would much rather deal with them than an eBay store in another country.

seavers
    Free Member

I was under impression that HDEW was grey import? What kind of warranty did you get?

lodious
    Free Member

hdew are uk based but selling grey import stock. Warranty is handled by HDEW (think using Canon approved UK canters).

organic355
    Free Member

Hmm just got groupon deal for that lens at £550, but digital rev is £529. Think ill still for for digitalrev.

dannybgoode

Yes, via ebay. Be careful though as you often see two prices from them – one cheaper than the other.

The cheaper one ships from their Hong Kong warehouse and is possibly subject to import duty etc, the more expensive one the UK and so duty paid.

No issues with them at all and it was a good £1200 I spent…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Photoists – DIGITAL REV anyone ordered from them?’ is closed to new replies.