Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Photography – race photo pay and download sites…
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

I’ve been doing a lot of race photography this year and need a site to use for racers to download and pay for photos. http://www.rootsandrain.com seems good but it’s very DH / Enduro orientated.

Anyone know of any more XC sites that do the same job? (i.e allow the photographer to upload pics to for downloads rather than having having to set up their own payment website).

atlaz
    Free Member

Why not use something like SmugMug and build your own thing? Then all you need to do is what the ones in the Alps do and have a banner you put up where you’re taking photos with the URL and name of your website.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

drop Seb (roots & rains webmaster)an email and have a chat with him, nice bloke with a great set up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

atlaz, take a look at R&R the key there is that the riders get tagged by other riders based on race numbers which means by about 10:30 on a Monday 90% of the pics are tagged to rider and presented to you when you visit the site. Having tried the trawl through pages of pics before Seb had the great idea I never bothered after a while.

atlaz
    Free Member

mikewsmith – well considering the Passportes du Soleil pics were up 1 week after the event, all tagged by race number I don’t think that “solo” photographers do badly. 6200 riders over 3 days in multiple locations. Anyway, he asked for alternatives 😉

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Cheers all, very helpful 🙂

Northwind

Wonder when someone will create a Roots N Rain for XC racing, trying to find photos for a non-RNR event just feels terrible in comparison. One of those services you didn’t know the world needs til you use it.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Yep! Emailed Seb at Roots & Rain but he only wants DH and Enduro events on there at the mo, says XC stuff may be coming in a few months. Not sure quite what is to stop me uploading pics from an XC race but best respect the rules.

I remember mountainbiking before it got split into so many disciplines.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Photography – race photo pay and download sites…’ is closed to new replies.