Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Photographers – Camera and flash advise required please!
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Hi all.

I’ve got a few Pocket Wizards and I’m trying to get a secondary flash that will trigger using a PC sync cord. I’ve seen the Yongnuo options, but I’m wondering if there are any cheap, reliable mainstream manufacturers who do anything decent? It doesn’t need to be extremely powerful, but it would be nice to have a modelling flash function and optical slave for when I’ve not got a spare trigger.

Also looking at a new Canon full frame camera that does video. Seeing the 1D and 5D Mark IIs go for under/around £500 second hand. Does this mean the 6D is still the cheapest way to full frame + video?

Thanks in advance!

inverjoe
    Free Member

Nikon speedlights have a repeat mode (canon call it multi mode, I think) where you can set the total amount of flashes per second. You might have to use manual mode and not ttl on both camera and flash.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’m fine with using manual mode, but I want a flash I can fire using a PC sync cord with a wireless trigger. 580EX and the Chinese knockoffs can do this, but just checking if there’s something that can also do E-TTL.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’d look at Metz flashes. They seem to be reasonably priced, and decent quality. They have versions compatible with Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus etc, including various TTL options.

Or maybe Nissin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Photographers – Camera and flash advise required please!’ is closed to new replies.