Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Photographers at Margam marathon champs
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Does anyone have any links to paparazzi websites from the weekend, please?

njee20
    Free Member

I imagine it’ll be Joolze Dymond as the official snapper, check the BC website.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

She’s the official snapper but there were loads of other bods knocking about on the course.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Ermm my dad was taking photos but quite comically only took photos of me! Anyone know where the results will be posted?!

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

Results are up on the http://www.timelaps.co.uk website

joolzed
    Free Member

My pics all up now from both days. Dave took some crackers too and they’ll be up later.
    Joolze

carlphillips
    Free Member

no doubt i’ll be cursed again, with three races and one photo between them!!! everytime i’m doing my laps i always see the photographers walking to their next spot..!!! pah

xc-steve
    Free Member

Nice one Joolzed got some good ones of me 514! Shall decide which one to buy!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Joolze, I think I may have thrown a bow-wave over you when I went through the stream crossing. If so, SOZ!

joolzed
    Free Member

LOL… there were quite a few that did that so no worries! I did get a tad bit wet, but the pics were worth it IMO;0) Lucky it was such a hot day!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Can’t find the marathon pics on your site. Are they hidden in amongst the XC photos?

shands
    Free Member

Everyone enjoy?
    I had a bloody nightmare start, but still had fun!

carlphillips
    Free Member

even given the cheap price of the weekend, the facilities were not good imo, toilets a disgrace (you try taking your 3yr old for a dump in there…not a pleasant or easy experience to come out clean) and 6 showers for all is not nearly enough, we were very lucky with the weather, had it been raining that field would’ve been a nightmare.

that aside, the weekend was good although for some reason i expected it to be a bigger event, the course (marathon) was 50/50 imo, the start was a mare i got stuck behind 100 people and none of whom it seemed could cycle uphill, hence the 1st uphill was spent walking and getting pissed off, the next part was all uphill fireroad slog in the burning sun which i hated, then it all of a sudden got a lot better with some ace descents and lovely singletrack to finish.

oh yeah the pasta party was ace….not.

not sure if i’ll go back next year or not.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’d agree with the comments re toilets, showers, etc. It also surprised me that there wasn’t more going on in the evening. A bar would have made a killing on Saturday night (none for me though). I was keen to have a go on all the demo bikes I’d assumed would be there too. Not much for non-riders either.

Apart from the chaotic/confusing start, I loved the course. Perversely, I liked the fire-road climb and the singletrack descents were ace. The boggy bits in the woods were pretty lame. I was talking to a local lad who reckoned there were loads of alternative lines that wouldn’t have been like that. I really liked the fact that it was a physical challenge. I didn’t like it too much when Beckinsale blasted past me on a climb that had me blowing.

All in, I’ll definitely be back next year. Hopefully the weather will be too.

xc-steve
    Free Member

I loved it, managed to dodge the camping by driving up Sunday morning (3hours from Plymouth bah). Race was awesome, that steep clime was so demoralising on the second lap as was the boggy/super soft grass by the finish line. Other than that was a good race, I enjoyed the downhills and the river crossings was hoping my chain would snap so I’d have to go fishing for it but sadly didn’t!

The start was a shambles for what was otherwise an awesome day, am curious if I’d have got a faster time/better position had it been raining instead of being so sunny but can’t complain about that really!

On the off chance I was speaking to any of you whilst riding I was rider 514 – Blue Chameleon wearing white Aviators. Was worried with it being an official race people wouldn’t be able to speak but was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was good times!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Photographers at Margam marathon champs’ is closed to new replies.