Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Photographers: Anyone shoot film anymore?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I lost 20 years' worth of negs when I moved after separating from my wife. I suspect she binned them 🙁

Ti29er
    Free Member

Andy.
    email me
    tim at t-f-p dot com
    No need for the beer as I have recently gone T-total (curses bad timing once again!).

Grantway – I have 20 offboard HD's plus 3x per machine and I'm never entirely sure when things are when I need them!

Negs? they sit in the filing cabinets in their own folders. No need to have 3x copies of everything with negs.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No need to have 3x copies of everything with negs.

until you are visited by fire, mice (they're food) or vengeful ex-partners…

Ti29er
    Free Member

You forgot floods and pestilence, and we should not forget famine & war surely!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

pestilence

= mice

Ti29er
    Free Member

Do you ride a pale horse with Hades in attendance?
    Just wanted to be sure!

simonk
    Free Member

I have an old F80 i picked up on ebay a few years ago that i keep meaning to use, had an F65 before that, was pretty good fun really, helped a lot.
    Using my old D200 these days i would love a D700 but i cant justify it let alone afford it right now 🙁

my gallery is over at antimas.deviantart.com nothing amazing but i am getting better.

tomzo
    Free Member

love that simonk!

tomzo
    Free Member

double post

simonk
    Free Member

Cheers looking out across Bergen just down the road from my friends place, was lovely there, heading back with the bike in 2011 for a tour 🙂

didmatt
    Free Member

I use my Holga alot still, theres something unique about using film when your messing around with 'toy cameras'. It an effect you cant really get easy with digital, something about the randomness of it.

I use my Canon DSLR alot for shooting landscapes, but by the nature of the subject it really needs more controlled style of shooting. However I still use the same way of shooting with using Lee ND grads etc as i did when i was shooting with the Mamiya I had.

However, i keep getting tempted to get out a Mamiya RZ67 from uni to have a mess around with!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I occasionally use my old Nikons. Normally if I'm going on a trip somewhere I'll leave the digital at home, take a body and one lens and it makes me think about the shots more.

Last Year with the FE and Nikkor 20mm and 100ASA B&W.

This year I took the FM2 and the FE on hol with some filters and the 20mm and 85mm lenses. One roll of 800ASA and 1 roll of 100ASA fuji colour film. yet to see results….(haven't got round to sending films off for processing yet).

However I enjoy using the old cameras more than the Digi.

user-removed
    Free Member

That's a really nice set of pics supersessions – glad I clicked through.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Grantway asked about future proofing.
    The way it's heading is that DNG will be the ONE accepted format.
    You will be able to convert existing files to DNG which is an Adobe protocol.
    At least I think this to be the case!
    http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The way it's heading is that DNG will be the ONE accepted format.

not until it's an ISO standard

Ti29er
    Free Member

It won't need to be.
    If the camera manufacturers adopt it and Adobe push its usage; then that becomes a given.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If the camera manufacturers adopt it

that's the bit I'm sceptical about

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Yeah picked up an old Nikon F801 to use my 28 and 50mm primes on. Died the other day but then it was only £20. Will get another one though.

Day 178 of 365 - June 27th

didmatt
    Free Member

theginjaninja – got some nice shots, enjoyed them.

didmatt
    Free Member

simonk – got some nice dramic coastal landscapes, nice!

for anyone that fancies a look my flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/msjharper/

dennis25
    Free Member

I actually keep the film FM2n and a hasselblad 500cm but sold the D700

enjoyed more shooting film 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Photographers: Anyone shoot film anymore?’ is closed to new replies.