Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • photographers and mac users!
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Went to a race today and was playing with my dslr.

I changed some settings around from jpeg to raw file.

but now i got 45 pics in jpeg format and 500 pictures in rw2 (raw)

but now i want to put the files into iphoto and i cant view them or edit them with that software.

anyone give me and help or pointers?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Any software that came with the camera? Usually does it.

spacemonkey

RPP

seavers
    Free Member

As they have said above…you need something that will read the RAW files. rw2 is a Lumix file format I believe?

Try Faststone Image viewer. Basic but you just need something that will read the RAW and export to tiff or jpeg that iphoto will read.

The only reason for shooting RAW is that you want to make all the decisions about how an image looks, ie contrast,levels, saturation etc… (rather than the camera doing it for you), not only that but a RAW file is uncompressed. If you are not into more advanced photo editing there isn’t much point in shooting RAW, they will just take up more space on your HD.

meehaja
    Free Member

Download apperture… I tihnk that converts RAW (does for me from Nikon anyway)

big_scot_nanny

Hang on, you can’t open them, even view them, in iPhoto? That don’t sound right.

Sorry to be a mong, but have you tried? I have yet to find a camera that iPhoto can’t use the RAW files from.

What message are you getting from iPhoto?

Performance and usability are separate issues (I use Lightroom), but it should work?

What version of iphoto/age of Mac?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘photographers and mac users!’ is closed to new replies.