Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Photographer wanted – Wedding in Liverpool
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone know, or can recommend a photographer for a wedding in Liverpool?

We’re not too bothered about the formal (and expensive) ‘wedding photographers’, but would be keen to have someone who might do something a little different, but still be professional.

Moon on a stick maybe, but worth an ask.

Thanks.

Stu.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

grum!

squin
    Free Member

Is that someone on here?

willard

Search the web for Alex Beckett. He’s based down in London, but don’t hold that against him.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks willard, but I’d imagine the travel costs etc would add up to fair bit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes squin, he is here. You’ll find him wringing his hands somewhere on the immigrants thread. 😀

stever
    Free Member

This guy is an old mate of mine, I like his stuff… http://www.brookshawphotography.com/

grum
    Free Member

Thanks darcy – actually I’m busy hand-wringing in the drugs thread though. 😉

http://www.grahamwynneweddings.com

Drop me an email or call if you fancy a chat about it – when’s the wedding? I’m based in t’North so not a million miles away. I like to think I do something a bit different.

RobHilton
    Free Member

S’pose I’ve got to recommend my mate too 🙂

The advantage of him is he’s got a silly name.

Home

Freester

We’re not too bothered about the formal (and expensive) ‘wedding photographers’, but would be keen to have someone who might do something a little different, but still be professional.

So what you’re saying is you want someone to take professional shots but not pay for it.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just gave my mate James M a shout for you, does a load of work for the local paper.

footflaps

I think you get what you pay for generally….

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I wasn’t going to comment on the ‘not expensive’ bit but…..

I realise I am biased in this – but decent photos are probably the only wedding expense that is going to still be useful in 30 years time when no-one cares about how tasty the cake was or how tight the band were. 🙂

squin
    Free Member

Freester – no, some photographers charge what competitors charge, yet are no where near the quality (they charge high prices on the back of other people’s reputations, not theirs). so I’m looking for recommendation of people who are interesting and quality. I’ll pay for interesting and quality, but won’t pay for uncreative and shit!

Grum – I presume you recognise what I’ve written in context to some of your competition, possibly charging the same as you do without your experience?

Freester

Fair comment. I think you’ll find the majority of ‘togs that stand out from the crowd are even more expensive.

Unless you get lucky and find someone who is up and coming, building their business and reputation and doesn’t currently charge the top whack.

Bear in mind some of your guests and family might like the odd group shot to keep and cherish.

konagirl
    Free Member

My friend hired this photographer, who is effectively just starting out but the photos were good quality: Richard David Blain

Alternatively, I liked the photos from this wedding I went to, though the theme helped give lots of material: Marshall Gray

Both north of England.

footflaps

We had a friend do ours. He’s a professional landscape photographer, but this was his first wedding. With hindsight we wished we’d had a pro wedding guy do them as it shows. They’re ok, but not great. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but it’s the only thing I’d change about the day.

grum
    Free Member

Freester – no, some photographers charge what competitors charge, yet are no where near the quality (they charge high prices on the back of other people’s reputations, not theirs). so I’m looking for recommendation of people who are interesting and quality. I’ll pay for interesting and quality, but won’t pay for uncreative and shit!

Grum – I presume you recognise what I’ve written in context to some of your competition, possibly charging the same as you do without your experience?

I’m going to be honest here, I don’t have that much experience compared to some! I’ve only been in business for about 3 years and have probably shot about 15 weddings (though I do spend a LOT of time taking/editing pictures and geeking out over photography theory/techniques etc). I’m stepping it up gradually though and will probably shoot 10-12 this year. Don’t really want to do more than about 20 a year anyway.

I don’t reckon I really charge enough to cover all my time and expenses etc properly and take home a really decent wage – yet.

I think there are lots of people out there charging a fair bit of money for average photos – but I think you’d be surprised how much time/expense there is involved in running a photography business (assuming you do it properly and pay taxes etc; the proper gear is expensive, then insurance, training, yada yada yada).

I reckon on average each wedding is maybe a week’s work all told. And most things suggest for freelance work you should be charging at least £250 a day to make it work – so I guess I should really charge at least £1250 per wedding (just to supply the images on pen drive, not designing an album etc).

I wish it was as easy to make money out of as people imagine it to be! Not sure why I decided to go on that little rant, sorry. 🙂

PS – like the Marshal Gray Photography stuff

user-removed
    Free Member

Alternatively, I liked the photos from this wedding I went to, though the theme helped give lots of material: Marshall Gray

😯

😆

I don’t really do cheap but my site is North east reportage wedding photography and I’m not exactly pricey either, but I am pretty good 😀

Blatant key word spamming in the link, sorry…

squin
    Free Member

Just to clarify, happy to pay the right money, to the right person for the right quality.

I’m not trying to get something for nothing, just recommendations of decent photographers who charge the right money for their work. Don’t want average shots for high money.

I work in an industry too where I get paid for my quality and service so I’m comfortable with people making a profit from what they do!

No more rants please, just recommendations/ideas 🙂

Thanks

footflaps

Of all the pros we looked at, these were the one we liked the most: http://www.bigfishphotography.co.uk/

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

That – above – is my mate Jamie, and he is rather good (and will take a lovely photo of your dog too if you have one!).

cheshirecat
    Free Member

A neighbour of mine Weddings, kids, horses etc.

edhornby

we had a lady called Hannah Dornford-May, not ridiculously expensive, and the photo’s ended up on the front cover of some flash wedding magazine – I remember being not too hacked off with having my photo taken which is saying something!

user-removed
    Free Member

Thankyou Captain, my Captain 😀

grum
    Free Member

YGM squin. 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

A friend of mine just down the M62: http://www.andyhirst.com/
    Really like his work to date, worth a chat i’m sure.

mccett
    Free Member

Definitely recommend Liam Crawley, based in Chester.
    CG Weddings

Click on the blog to have a look at highlights from weddings he has done….including mine somewhere.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Photographer wanted – Wedding in Liverpool’ is closed to new replies.