• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • photochromic glasses needed – like Endura Masai but..
  • Alex

… a bit smaller. I did like those Endura’s, good lenses that would go almost clear, well vented and a good fit. But a bit too big and my IXS helmet use to press down on the tops of them. This wouldn’t have been a reason to change them had I not carelessly catapulted them out of my pocket somewhere in the FOD this week 🙁

Those are the Masai for reference. I don’t want Oakley’s as a) I alway lose sunnies at some point and b) really don’t want to spend more than the £75 I paid for the Endura’s. Don’t want multiple lenses, definitely want photochromic that are biased to clear.

Any recommendations?

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve got some Tifosi ones, not sure of the model, but definitely towards the clear end of the spectrum. Not sure of cost as they were a present.

Alex

Ta I’ve been looking at Tifosi.. Evans have a few models. Considering this one: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/tifosi/dolomite-20-fototec-backcountry-orange-lens-ec044232#BVRRWidgetID or the clear version of it. We ride lots in the woods hence looking for something with a clear bias. The cheaper endura ones I had didn’t go light enough.

Alex

pretty wide transition there.. look ideal. ta.

roverpig

How does the 76% transmission compare with the Masai? I’m also looking to replace a pair of Masai glasses as the rubber ear bits have fallen off and the lenses are getting a bit scratched. They are just about OK in the forest and on night rides, but clearer would be better.

alanf
    Free Member

I picked some power race something or others from PX with photochromic lenses. They seem OK for 30 squid and don’t give me a headache like other frames I’ve tried.

Alex

I still use cheap clear ones for night riding. I found the masai about the best of all the photochromics I’d used in terms of normal UK ridign conditions. Lost mine because I took them off as it was getting dusky in the trees… be nice if the replacements went just a bit lighter.

See if whitstone comes back with a bit more info…

I’ll take a look at PX but never seen a design there I actually liked!

whitestone
    Free Member

What sort of info are you after?

Alex

how light do they go? can you user them for night riding?

whitestone
    Free Member

They aren’t clear at their lightest setting if that’s what you mean but it has to get pretty dark before I think about taking them off. So I’d keep them on for something like Home Baked at Gisburn as even though it gets pretty dark in there.

I’ve not ridden at night with them but I got to around 11pm before I took them off on Saturday by which time it was pretty dark. A bit awkward to check at this time of year as there’s so little true darkness 🙄

Alex

Good enough for me. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘photochromic glasses needed – like Endura Masai but..’ is closed to new replies.