Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Photo upload apps
  • pipiom
    Free Member

I know I’ve been here before but: does anyone know a very simple app for uploading pics (the actual pic,not just the linky)
    I am a seriously retarded,geriatric with a serious lack of smarts.

BTW: I don’t really know what “Instagram” is/does. Yes that bad.

jam-bo

Photobucket is pretty simple and give you the code required to embed here directly unlike the Flickr mobile app.

nickjb
    Free Member

For forum posting type stuff the imgur app is good. Click on any picture and it appears in the share menu. Uploads, then copies a link to the clipboard. Very easy.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Guess the question is what do you want to upload it to?

Just to upload to your PC at home? Any of the below can do it, or you just connect phone to PC via a cable or wifi and transfer the pictures.

An online photo service (photobucket, flickr, etc)? To either share or to just store so you can download at home.

A personal cloud storage like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox ?

A social media site like Instagram, twitter or Facebook? i.e. you want to just share your photos with people quickly. This depends on people following you on these services.

Note, some of these will mess with your photos. e.g. Google Drive compresses them with some loss apparently, if you use the options to avoid photos taking up your allocated space. Instagram still tries to force you into a square (though can avoid it now) and promotes you applying 70s style photo filters.

The cloud on photo storage options mean you can then send a link to the photos to friends. Though not always from the app.

pipiom
    Free Member

It’s just to put pics on here.

footflaps

Use Flickr, free to upload

flibrose
    Free Member

+1 for photobucket

deadkenny
    Free Member

imgur as suggested for forums will probably do the job.

pipiom
    Free Member

But with imgur I can only upload the link to STW….and can you upload a couple at a time?

Or is it just me?

CountZero

Flickr has become almost impossible to use from mobile devices now, the whole link process is messed up. Photobucket works ok, but on my iPad at least, once you copy the link, the app freezes, so you have to close it, swipe it out of the open apps bar and re-open the app. This might be just because of the age of my pad, which is an iP3; it’s not a big deal, but it is irritating.
    I just wish Flickr worked, I’ve got lots of photos in there.

scotroutes

Imgur

You post the link on the forum, using the IMG tag button. The forum then appears to have it uploaded.

You need to do a separate IMG tag for each photo bur you can have as many photos as you want in each post

nickjb
    Free Member

But with imgur I can only upload the link to STW….and can you upload a couple at a time?

you upload the image to imgur then post the link on stw (which imgur copies to your clipboard). You can upload multiple images but you can only post links on here one at a time so just as easy to do one at a time.

stuhawk
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Photo upload apps’ is closed to new replies.