Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photo storage
  • bubs

Hello, my kids are getting older and I have just realised that we have photos of them stored on multiple old and new devices and these may soon become inaccessible (some of the phones haven’t been used for 5 years).
    So what is a cost effective and stable way to pull them all into a single place which we can continue to update and back up to the cloud etc from?
    I am currently thinking wireless flash drive for ease of transfer and lack of moving parts to die in a year or two.
    Thank you

ampthill

If you broadband will stand it you can put all your photos on Flickr for free (and make them private)

Picassa is good for managing photos and free

Lightroom is better for editing photos but about the same for organising

Mine just sit on the computers HD. Backed up to another hard disc

But because I do calendars and photobooks even if the house burns down I can order reprints of those

But I should really cloud back up every photo I’ve ever edited at say 4 mega pixels. As I say Flickr would be free

jon1973
    Free Member

I store all mine on Microsoft One Drive on ny free account.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

It depends on how much days you have. There are a few things you could do with Cloud storage:
    Flickr Free as above.
    Amazon Prime: £79/year gives you free next day delivery on Prime items, unlimited photo storage and 150k streaming titles.
    Google Drive: Free but limited storage, pay to upgrade.
    Dropbox: Same as Google Drive
    Microsoft 365: £79.99/year includes Office 365 for your family, 5 users, plus 1Tb data storage for each account.

Or get a NAS to store all your photos on, they’ll be on spinning discs though, so could fail.

bubs

Thanks. I was not aware of Google Drive but 16Gb of free storage is useful. The bit I am struggling with is the best way to get everything off of multiple devices and into one place. Anyone know anything about the devices you can plug into your router..(just googled NAS)…are there any recommendations?

cranberry
    Free Member

NASes are something that have been discussed on here a lot – a search should see any questions that you have answered.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have used big HDDs, moved to NAS then onto a dedicated Windows server… and I am now starting to transition to Amazon Prime for my private stuff and probably back to Big HDDs – though this time in a RAID array for anything commercial.

Well, I will once the new PC arrives and I can actually access my photographs again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photo storage’ is closed to new replies.