• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photo sharing sites – which is best or how to use Flickr better
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I use iPhoto on a Mac to organise my photos. They’re backed up to an external hard drive using Time Machine but that’s it (there are probably a few older disc drives around with older time machine backups but only one disc that’s got the last year on it.

We use Google Drive and Dropbox to back up/sync all our documents but there’s 45Gb of photos so I’ve never found a practical (ie cheap) way of backing this up online.

Today was trying to share an album via Flickr but the interface seems to have changed (can’t sync with iPhoto any longer?) so I ended up creating loads of duplicates on Flickr which then took ages to delete.

Anyone?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I use Flickr but when I want to share images I find it really irritating so I also have a Photobucket account which is much simpler to share images from.

scotroutes

Other than getting a URL from the Mobile Flickr app, I’ve never had any problems sharing from Flickr.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It’s getting photos from iPhoto to Flickr without creating dupes that’s my issue. I want to keep an album in photo that I add to and just upload the new pics/ keep a Flickr album synced to it.

transporter13
    Free Member

Photobucket app does everything for me.
    auto backup
    easy to share to whatever format.

oldnpastit

Other than getting a URL from the Mobile Flickr app, I’ve never had any problems sharing from Flickr.

How is this done? There’s no way on the Android app to get BBcode out, all you can get is a URL which links back to an IFRAME (or some such nonsense). Very frustrating.

CHB

Still using photobucket here. Is there anything better?
    Photobucket is great, apart from the adverts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photo sharing sites – which is best or how to use Flickr better’ is closed to new replies.