• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Photo Sequences – how?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a couple of photo sequences showing the swoopy, twisty trails at the Big Bike Bash. I was thinking for the website of having just a single picture with the rider shown 4 times. Not well explained but you probably know what I mean.

What's the best way of doing this?

Do I stick the camera on a fixed tripod so that the background always stays the same and then overlay the images some how?

Do you reckon it would be better just having a set of 6 sequential images and just show one after another like a very basic animation? Will this slow the website down massively?

JulianA
    Free Member

Hi WCA

I think you should try Autostitch Autostitch or Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

As long as the application can find the some overlap in the pictures it seems to be fine.

Hope this helps

Julian

Bez

Your first option will work but unless your light is very good you will have a blurred rider (which isn't necessarily a bad thing but probably not what you're after). Use an editing program like the Gimp (if you have nothing better to hand) and get busy with the clone brush, or layer the images and just erase bits from the upper ones to let the lower ones show through.

Your second, of animation, is most easily done in gif format – which is fine for some things but will make photos look pretty poor. And yes, it'll be large compared to a single JPEG of similar size.

You could take your first option but still pan the camera (as below) to get more of a sweeping view, and then stitch them together – it's a bit harder and may take a few attempts but will give you a sharp rider as well as allowing a wider view.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Photo Sequences – how?’ is closed to new replies.