Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Photo scanning services – any recommendations?
  • ourmaninthenorth

We’ve got bajillions* of printed photos. I’d like to scan the prints so I can store them digitally (with backups, batch) and reduce the physical storage to the negatives only. We need to tidy our house ahead of building work next year.

Does anyone have any recommendations for services to do this? I’m happy to post, so doesn’t have to be local, I’m also not critical about time – I don’t have time to do it myself.

Cheers.

*low thousands

bob_summers

Not sure what the pros use, but with my scanner (Epson v750), it’d be easier to scan the negs (24 at a time vs probably two prints). Very time consuming as well – you can go and do something else while it’s working, but it’s at least 15 or 20 minutes before you can load the next lot.

FWIW it costs about 8eur at a lab here to get 36 negs scanned.

How much room do the prints take us anyway? Personally I’d rather have them than thousands of jpgs – I’m more likely to flick through some old prints than on a screen (after I’ve dug out the external drive or DVDs that they’re all stored on).

ourmaninthenorth

I def don’t have time to do it myself – mainly because I work away during the week.

Agreed flicking through prints might be attractive, but storage for boxes of prints will be materially reduced in the short term and then I’m keen that we reduce the amount of physical stuff we hoard anyway!!

footflaps

Must be able to send them overseas and have them all scanned cheaply where labour is cheap e.g. Philippines etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Photo scanning services – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.