• This topic has 34 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by cdoc.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Photo hosting for here
  • petrieboy

What are people using? I’ve not posted anything with a pic in a while and being spoilt by how easy it is to post on Facebook it’s a bit of a ball ache using Photobucket for the odd photo I want to post here

cinnamon_girl

I use Imgur, much easier to use compared with Flickr.

eskay

I use Flickr. It is a bit of a faff. Upload, click the share link, copy code into notepad and then strip the image url from the text and paste into image tag here.

petrieboy

It’s a pain isn’t it – no wonder Facebook “forums” seem to be getting so popular as it’s so much easier

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes. Upgrade please, STW.

joebristol

I used to use photobucket but it got really slow withht ads and logging itself out / buggy.

Found Imgur recently and it’s much better.

shermer75
    Free Member

Imgur works best for me, I find Flickr annoying to use

Drac

https://postimage.io

Is also very easy to use.

MoreCashThanDash

Postimage works well for me.

rOcKeTdOg

Flickr!, nice & simple

twang
    Free Member

Testing on mobile

Nope

twang
    Free Member

How do you post from postimage on mobile then?

geetee1972
    Free Member

To post an image from Flickr the only thing you need to do is copy and paste the BB code. You don’t even need to post that code with any HTML, i.e. you don’t need tags, just the code.

geetee1972
    Free Member

BBCode looks like this but with at the start and at the end. if I include that here you wouldn’t see what the code looks like obviously 😀

https://flic.kr/p/UDhfJa%5D[/url]Hamish by Greg Turner

jambalaya
    Free Member

Flickr is useless as it doesn’t work on phone/tablet.

I use Photobucket, fairly simple and reasonably reliable but not 100%

Drac

For Postimg use the one that says

Hot Link for Forums

[url=https://postimage.io/]pic upload[/url]

To post an image from Flickr the only thing you need to do is

Use something else.

twang
    Free Member

[/url]screen capture windows 7[/img]

For Postimg use the one that says
    Hot Link for Forums

Done but a bit messy with the URL/IMG stuff, what’s that all about?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I used to use photobucket but it got really slow withht ads and logging itself out / buggy.

Found Imgur recently and it’s much better.
    ^^^This^^^

Drac

Done but a bit messy with the URL/IMG stuff, what’s that all about?

You just needed to paste it direct to the text box no need to select the image tag on here.

If you want to use the Image tag on here then you use the Direct Link option the select the IMG tag on here.

ferrals
    Free Member

I use tinypic because you don’t need an account

Klunk
    Free Member

I use tinypic because you don’t need an account

it’s the same for Postimage, though not having an account can mean it’s easy to “lose” links to your images (having to troll back through your previous thread history is a PITA). I should really keep a record of them somewhere 😳 hey ho

irc

Testing tinypic

Yep, easy.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tinypic here….. works exactly as you’d want it to (I keep all my pics in google photo and just upload ones I want to post to tinypic).

Drac

hmmm! Tinypic won’t upload for me.

Murray

Tinypic is awesome!

Drac

Works with Tinypic app though.

CheesybeanZ

Blimey I got postimage to work .

molgrips
    Free Member

Which one of these has an app for uploading directly from the ‘share’ option on Android?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Flickr does now

zilog6128

Imgur is simple enough, just drag a pic onto their website & it generates a link.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t like Flickr cos you can’t copy the URL straight from the photo on phone.

Imgur looks rather unpleasant, it’s a social media site for wacky fun images, I just want hosting.

CountZero

I’ve never been able to get Flickr to work on mobile devices, and they’ve never shown any inclination to make it work.
    I use Postimage, it seems to work pretty well on mobile, which is good, as I never use my computer for anything like being on here, as it uses my telly as the monitor, and it’s primary drive died on its ass a month ago and I’ve only just got it back from the computer hospital.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t like Flickr cos you can’t copy the URL straight from the photo on phone.

Flickr on Androis – On the Pic, tap the share icon, then top of the list is copy URL – it’s the shortened version but works fine on here now. May or may not work in other forums

I’ve never been able to get Flickr to work on mobile devices, and they’ve never shown any inclination to make it work.

Works fine on Android 😉 Can upload, share, view etc.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Testing

Edit: Just testing Tinypic, that was easy!!!

cdoc
    Free Member

Ahh, that works! Just upload all your pics to the classified section with ridiculous prices so nobody tries to buy anything, then embed from there!

Not a serious suggestion btw.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Photo hosting for here’ is closed to new replies.