• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photo Archiving/Tagging/Metadata suggestions
  • Mat

I keep thinking I should do something more organised with my photos, I generally try and keep them in folders based on event (e.g. Moon Landing – Apr ’12) but what I think I’d like to do is try and attach meta data so I could just keep everything in one giant pool of photos and just toggle what I want based on certain keywords. For example I might have pictures from multiple walks/bike rides of the same place and I’d like to create a ‘tag’ for that place.

Are there any good bits of software for doing this? I suppose what I’m after is something akin to what flickr does but I just want to keep it local. If attaching meta data I’d like to be able to do it in batches too to save time!

My wife has a copy of Photoshop Elements 11 and I’ve had a look at Elements organiser but it doesn’t seem to do what I’m after.

Any suggestions from the fellow procrastinators out there?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Lightroom or capture1

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Does exactly what you want and a lot more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mat

Thanks for the suggestions guys, annoying that I’ve already got something similar but not quite what I’m after with Photoshop Elements, debating whether I should stump up another £100 for Lightroom.

justinbieber

Lightroom! It organises your photos for you, and lets you tag them, catalogue them and much much more.

scotroutes

Picasa

IA

1 month free trial of lightroom, if you get on with it pay the money?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photo Archiving/Tagging/Metadata suggestions’ is closed to new replies.