Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Photo and Champions League question…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I see on the BBC sports page that there are already photos of the game, how do they do it?

white101

DSLR, laptop, dongle. click send

donsimon
    Free Member

Card in camera.
    Somekind of direct link to laptop???
    Who edits?
    Dongle, OK.
    Who clicks send while photographer is still working?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Wifi memory cards so photographer can send direct to a laptop whilst continuing to take photos.

white101

send is probably on some type of auto set up
    edit? BBC, PA, Reuters could be anybody or the agency the Phot works for?
    Most DSLR's have a cable link to laptops, been to a couple of footy matches in the last few years and spent more time jealously watching the phots round edge of pitch than game, looks like a branch of currys in a field

EDIT. wifi memory cards? what witchcraft is this? my god I behind the times!

donsimon
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

Wifi memory cards so photographer can send direct to a laptop whilst continuing to take photos.

That would explain it, but I can only find this and this which are well old.

Any links?

donsimon
    Free Member

The Milito goal is up after a couple of minutes…That's quick!

stuartie_c
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

Any links?

From Jan this year:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10010501eyefiprox2.asp

My Google search came up with the 2003 article, cheers.

white101

Fantastic technology, but when are they going to come up with something thatskeeps teenagers bedrooms tidy! just been up stairs to check on the daughter and it looks like a bombs gone off

donsimon
    Free Member

white101 – Member

Fantastic technology, but when are they going to come up with something thatskeeps teenagers bedrooms tidy! just been up stairs to check on the daughter and it looks like a bombs gone off

I guess the problem is that it is only available in SD, CF would give the option of cleaning bedrooms, coffee in the morning, etc.

andyl46
    Free Member

Either shoot tethered or multiple cards to upload as you go.
    Editing? One gets it right in the camera m'laddo! Crop and maybe a quick levels tweak and thats your lot
    And the 'tog does most of this himself, and will wait for good moments to swap cards and upload

donsimon
    Free Member

Editing? One gets it right in the camera m'laddo! Crop and maybe a quick levels tweak and thats your lot
    And the 'tog does most of this himself, and will wait for good moments to swap cards and upload

Really? Or more a question that if an agency has enough "'togs" working for them, then they should be able to get a good photo.
    My question is about the speed of delivery.

andyl46
    Free Member

Last time I shot a sports event it was cage fighting, and the shots were uploaded between bouts. It takes seconds to change cards and not much longer to get the card in the card reader and upload. Some bloke at the far end chose the shots to go out. I'd say the agency had them within a couple of minutes of the end of each fight.

CaptJon
    Free Member

TBF since the internet – even low bandwidth and film – sports photographers have got pictures to newspapers pretty sharpish.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Photo and Champions League question…’ is closed to new replies.