Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Stick with it, it becomes very straightforward after you get your head round the sets and groups thing.

I have my own set called “Photo-a-day, 2013“. I upload pictures and then add them to this set (you can add them at upload time instead).

This set is visible to anyone but it is entirely owned by me.

I’m also a member of several groups, one of which is “One photo every day 365“. This has many members, so is community-owned. You apply to join, or if you let me know your Flickr name, I can send you an invite.

Once you’re a member, you simply choose which picture from your set you want to have included in the group and choose “Actions” -> “Add to group”

stumpy01

Wooo! Got it done after quite a bit of cursing and swearing! 😀

MrOvershoot

I’ve been in for a few days, quite like the way it makes me look around more.

Pictures might be shite but I enjoy it

footflaps

Right, forgot yesterday – what’s the protocol / forfeit?

nbt

I forgot one too. Woke up yesterday and realised that I’d been so knackered the night before I’d gone to bed without taking a photo

Jan 23rd by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

I’ll carry on trying for my 365, it’s just that I won’t complete it in a single calendar year

ton

there is a bloke on the photo a day thing…….and all he ever does is take a photo of himself.

he is a yank tho………weirdo 😕

nbt

I noticed that too

Trekster

Taken a photo a day but think I have not posted one this week 🙄
    Night shifts and a few busy days running about after other people, poor memory etc. 🙄

Muke
    Free Member

That guy likes to write about how he is feeling as well 😕

Not a very blokey thing to do is it ? 😉

nbt

I’m out, came back off holiday feeling crap and missed a day, then despite realising I’d missed a day promptly missed a second day. That’s my personal three strikes and out

might turn it into a 52 and try the 365 again another time,

forge197
    Free Member

I didn’t think I’d stick to this but I have a process, take picture at some point of something to do with my day, upload to a blog that uploads to Flickr two seconds on Flickr assign to group, and I have the app for blog on my tablet and phone as I travel a bit I have snippets of time where I can write the blog words anytime and save for upload.

Looking back at 35 pictures of 2013 is interesting as a snap shot of my month, look forward to having a quarters worth, a half year and full year to look back on.

kayak23

there is a bloke on the photo a day thing…….and all he ever does is take a photo of himself.

he is a yank tho………weirdo

That guy has done it for five years! I looked back at his early photos…. Yup….. still of himself. 🙂

Still, he gets a lot of encouraging comments. Perhaps it’s my Britishness that makes me uneasy about that level of self- reflection?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Only 10% done an already I’ve had to use the ‘quick photograph the cat’ ‘cos I’ve nearly forgotten!

Muke
    Free Member

I think there should be a cr@p photo of the month competition for us lesser mortals 😀

Helios
    Free Member

Arrghh… Pants…

I forgot again yesterday. This is the problem with spending all the hours of daylight sat in an office… Unless I start taking photos of the ever-growing pile of coke cans on my desk – I seriously lack any fun subject matter during the day. I can only take so many photos of the dog in front of the fire before they get dull…

Speaking of which, here is my effort from 31/01/13 – which had a geniune point to it, getting a black dog in a relatively dark room to be both in focus (on the eye) and with enough definition, without having the shutter open so long I end up with inevitable blurring…

MrOvershoot

Muke – Member
    I think there should be a cr@p photo of the month competition for us lesser mortals

That would be a win for me then on 28th Jan 😮

lump

Who’s still in on this ? Ive only missed one day. 😀

Muke
    Free Member

Yep still in and not missed a day yet, although it’s not been easy at times. Have noticed some people seem to be posting a photo a day but the photos were taken on the same day rather than actually taking a new photo everyday.

stumpy01

I’m still taking pics, but am really struggling to find the time. I have plenty of ideas of images I’d like to try but struggle to find the time.

I am also massively behind with uploading, so am playing catch up with that too. All in all it’s not been the task I imagined it to be and am not sure I will do it next year.
    Tempted to only allow photos from my phone and that way uploading daily should be easy.

metalheart
    Free Member

Still taking photos but waaaaay behind in processing and uploading. I think I have a photo for each day so far….

Even further behind in adding to the group… 😳

I won’t be carrying on beyond the end of the year though as sometimes I’ve just taken a photo of, well, anything, just to fulfil the requirement leading to a lack of quality control (not that the ‘good ones’ are any great shakes!).

However it has made me take more photos and I feel I’ve learned from the experience so it’s all good.

lump

I have made the rule of taking a pic every day. But may not get it uploaded same day due to signal issues. Looking forward to posting up the finished thing at the end of the year

kayak23

So…it’s the FINAL DAY of the challenge.
    How has everyone got on?

I’ve been totally faithful to it all year. The only blip I have is when I got my DSLR stolen from my hotel room on holiday in Bolivia and so had to blag a few days with mobile pics and from previous days on the trip.

I’ve not done my final photo yet, but have one in mind.

My very first photo, New Years Day 2013 at Cannock Chase

My middle photo (July 2nd) Doing a chainsaw course and my first felling.

(One of) my most memorable photos, Machu Picchu

Probably my least inspired and rubbish photo. Insomnia

So, is anyone doing it again next year?
    I don’t think I am now. It was a good challenge but I think sometimes I found it a bind.

What I really want to do is put all the pictures together on a massive poster or canvas to hang on the wall. Seeing as they are all different sizes, can anyone recommend a good way to do this?

Happy New Year. 😀

Muke
    Free Member

Well a year on and I am surprised at just how tough this has been at times but am pleased to say that today I have taken my final photo to complete the challenge of taking a new photo everyday for a year.

Sadly I will not be in next year as not only has it become incredibly difficult to think of something interesting to capture but I no longer have the spare time to go out and capture pictures of whats going on around me.

I look back at my own photos as a sort of photo diary of the year. It’s also been great seeing other peoples lives through their photos, some shots are of outstanding quality, some have interesting subject matter and others are just capturing a special moment, but they are all good in their own way.

Congratulations to everybody that has stuck with it through the year and good luck to anyone who is carrying on into year.

My 365 set…http://www.flickr.com/photos/31852911@N07/sets/72157632398537735/

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Woo, finished! All of mine are on instagram

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I completed 2009, 2010, 2011, missed quite a few in 2012 but completed this year.

I’m so looking forward to tomorrow and not taking a photo so it doesn’t tempt me to stay in for another year.

Doing this project really helps you photography skills, at times it does feel like a chore but fighting through those helps you find photos out of nowhere and helps you look for other shots in other places.

My favourite shots

Feb 24th – Amazing level of grip by Johnclimber, on Flickr

March 15th – Sunset sand dune walk by Johnclimber, on Flickr

May 2nd – A dry Delamere ride (for once) by Johnclimber, on Flickr

July 23rd – Splash by Johnclimber, on Flickr

August 7th – ISS over Rivington Masts #MicroAdventure Bike Bivi by Johnclimber, on Flickr

November 24th – B&W Merseyside Fat Bike Gathering by Johnclimber, on Flickr

December 5th – Sunrise by Johnclimber, on Flickr

My complete set for 2013
    March 15th - Sunset sand dune walk

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?’ is closed to new replies.