Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Photo a day
  • chvck
    Free Member

How are people getting on? Any ideas for inspiration? I’m really starting to struggling with this, my day to day life really just isn’t that interesting. I’ve not got as far as “arty” shots of my lampshade yet but there are a few food photos in there… (http://chvck.co.uk if anyone’s interested but it isn’t just a gallery of pictures, more like lightweight diary entries with photo a day snapshotting the day)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am not sure anyone I know has ever finished it.

Lots of food/meal photos
    Photos with friends / colleagues
    Commute photos
    Photos of anything remotely unusual

In Paris we could easily take a photo a day for a year of a fresh dog turd on the pavement 🙁

redthunder
    Free Member

Keep it up. I might go back and do a photo diary of sorts.

What software are you using for your posts/site.?

chvck
    Free Member

What software are you using for your posts/site.?

It’s hosted by something called postach.io and I write the posts in Evernote. It’s a nice way to do things but I’m not keen on the way that Evernote operates as a company and I want more control over metadata than postach.io gives me. So at point I’m going to move to pelican and host it on github pages.

However, it’s going to be quite a lot of hassle as I’m have to write something that can grab my posts from evernote and transform to markdown format + grab the evernote hosted images and put them in the right place in github.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Photo a day’ is closed to new replies.