Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Phone/tablet gurus – Facebook on Android dropping posts
  • colournoise

Facebook app on my Nexus 7 seems to be choosing to only show selected posts compared to what I can see on the web version on my laptop.

Can’t find anything online useful. Anyone out there know why this is happening and how to fix it?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

is newsfeed on top stories rather than most recent?

colournoise

Nope.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that I don’t get all the items on my newsfeed from friends and groups I’ve liked as well. It seems to have started since I declined the update that would’ve allowed FB to email my friends without my knowledge or their consent.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Try friendcaster app. I prefer the tablet ui and it always displays posts in the proper order, not just how Facebook thinks they should be.

colournoise

Trialling Friendcaster now. Thanks.

andytherocketeer

Web version only displays selected stories too. And it will always forget the “most recent” setting, since the other one has a higher rate or effectiveness of advertising click-thru.

Android app was stupid (actually the extra messenger one iirc). Friends could leave chat messages for you, and you’d never see them. Only find out when they complain that they’re ignoring you.

If only I could remove the FB apps entirely from an HTC device.

nickjb
    Free Member

The FB app seems to switch from good to being rubbish, then back again as they ‘enhance’ it. I’d say it was currently OK apart from limited photo upload options

clubber
    Free Member

Don’t seem to have this problem on my Nexus 7 (V1)… It may be worth uninstalling it and reinstalling.

FWIW, mine also sticks with ‘most recent’ perfectly well on newsfeed. IIRC is did default back to ‘top stories’ all the time a few months back but I assumed that was a bug as it stopped pretty quickly after an update.

andytherocketeer

the default back to top stories happens at random intervals. some times it’s all the time, often it’s daily, other times it sticks for ages then swaps back.

just had to do it today. pretty sure i selected it again yesterday, if not then it was monday. it’s not a bug, but a feature. FB even said themselves that more people click ads when in top stories mode. just a shame that in top stories mode, it throws away recent stuff and puts 2 month old stories at the top, that haven’t even received any new comments or likes afaict. peculiar algorithm imho.

can’t comment on the latest app though, since i removed messenger (very buggy), and keep getting the weekly reminder to update the normal app, but just I tell it to get lost.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Phone/tablet gurus – Facebook on Android dropping posts’ is closed to new replies.