Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phones – need an upgrade.
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve never been one for fancy phones, I had an 8210 until 2004/5 when it carked it.

Since then they have followed the KISS rule, but times have changed. The missus has a simple touch screen LG that I hated with a passion until the last month when I’ve needed to make reminders on its callender for her and all of a sudden it’s come into it’s own with me.

I now realise that it’s time to step into the new phone market and get something with a decent calander on it.

Problem is that I’m scottish by birth and blood and those wallet moths hate daylight. My current pay monthly rolling contract is a tenner a month with 600 minutes (which was 300 but the upgraded e for being loyal and thinking of leaving) which is just about enough talk time for me. I have no data and 100 texts which is around 80 more than I need.

If I get a newer phone I will need some data allowance or I just in case I use some and cost myself money.

So fire away with your advice.

I’m technologically aware, love gadgets, but phones have just never interested me at all.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to look at tariffs but take a look at http://www.omio.com
    look at HTC Desire if interested in good touch screen that’s not an iphone although not sure if you can get it as cheap as you have or want. Loads of deals on line though.

Xylene
    Free Member

I was really hoping that someone else would have done the searching recently on tariffs etc.

I might do my usual and buy a handset sim-free or from carphone warehouse on payg

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I kind of noticed that which is why I couldn’t be bothered as it’s bad enough when you want one yourself 😉
    Remember the handsets are very expensive!!

Cougar

In all honesty, it sounds like what you want is someone else’s castoffs. Last year’s model languishing in someone’s drawer post-upgrade is probably exactly what you’re looking for.

Xylene
    Free Member

In all honesty, it sounds like what you want is someone else’s castoffs. Last year’s model languishing in someone’s drawer post-upgrade is probably exactly what you’re looking for.

AKA buying the missus a new phone.

She’s been whittering on about a Blackberry for months now, so she can…..well whatever it is she plans on doing with it that her current phone doesn’t do.

mieszko
    Free Member

Try out Tesco Mobile, they use O2 as service providers but were doing some good rolling contract deals I think You were able to get 500min, unlimited text and unlimited data for £15, then just get a phone You like. Android mobiles are very good as You can download and test calendar apps and choose the one You like. Worth asking in a tesco where there is a phone shop. Or You can try 3, the signal isn’t as good as on O2/Tesco but for £15 I get 300min, unlimited data/text/3 to 3 calls/skype/msn etc. Good and cheap Android mobile (easy to get for around £100 on eBay) is a Samsung Galaxy (Portal?) 3.2mp camera, Android 2.1 OS, not a brick and has a good screen, gps. Couple of friends have them and rate them very high.

Or look at HTC Hero, dated now, and You can get a good one for around £120-140 my brother has one and it’s a good phone just the trackball thingy instead of a normal pad is a pain imho.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phones – need an upgrade.’ is closed to new replies.