Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • phones for parents
  • white101

I wanted to get my Dad a new phone for his birthday, my mam had one of those Doro phones with the big keys for easy use. He’s got fat fingers and bad eyes so wanted something like that.
    Is there an alternative to Doro? Just wanted to widen the options.

wwaswas

If they’re anything like me in-laws it’ll never be switched on ‘because it wastes the batteries’ even if they’re 2 hours late for a pre-arranged rendezvous at a deserted car park in the middle of nowhere.

Drac

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

If they’re anything like me in-laws it’ll never be switched on ‘because it wastes the batteries’ even if they’re 2 hours late for a pre-arranged rendezvous at a deserted car park in the middle of nowhere.

wow some people go to great lengths to avoid their in laws. 😀

white101

I know exactly what your saying, its just since my Mam died I worry about him when he’s on his own at his garden. Ive told him to take the phone he has but the buttons are tiny and he has butchers fingers and he phone has a tiny screen.
    He will say things like, ‘I didn’t answer cos I know your just checking up on me’ cheers Dad

McHamish
    Free Member

MiL has bad eyes so she’s currently got one of my wifes early Nokias, those tend to have big buttons

geoffj

+1 I’m sure she only does it to wind me up.

maccruiskeen

MiL has bad eyes so she’s currently got one of my wifes early Nokias, those tend to have big buttons

its not just big buttons, you want a good, big, well lit contrasty screen as well and the old nokias and the like have a pretty poor screen

Binatone do good ones

If its for someone who isn’t already familiar with using mobiles they are also very pared back – no wrong buttons to press or surplus functionality.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘phones for parents’ is closed to new replies.