Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Phones – chinese android?
  • alanl
    Free Member

Coming late into the smartphone world, I’ve recently been using a Motorola Defy Mini, and got on quite well with it. It has, in the last few days, started to lose the signal randomly – even in high signal areas it shows no bars, so I think it’s time to get a new one.
    Being as I’m useless in keeping things in one piece, smaller and stronger is better, and this one came up in a search:
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_211785.html

It’s cheap. so probably worth a punt, any thoughts on it?
    Or, have you seen any viable, small, cheapish phones that will last on a building site?
    Thanks
    Alan.

bob_summers

that will last on a building site

that’s the hardest part. Cheap enough to replace after you smash itis about the best you can hope for – the Chinese phones are very good but noone (eg, Otterbox) makes heavy duty cases for them. You might be better off spending a bit more so you don’t have to replace it so often – search on here for the caterpillar phone etc

alanl
    Free Member

Well, I’ve ordered one now, so I’ll see how it is when it arrives.
    Alan.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So long as it’s “normal” android in so far as not rooted then probably worth a go. A lot of things like banking apps don’t sit well with the rooted phones

atlaz
    Free Member

Friend of mine had a Chinese Samsung phone. It had some “peculiarities” in the hardware/OS that meant he couldn’t install a vanilla version of Samsung Android and was forced to use the Chinese-d version that came on the phone. We all assumed it was rooted somehow but had no proof.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Phones – chinese android?’ is closed to new replies.