Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Phones and SIMs
  • saxabar
    Free Member

I currently have a Sony Xperia and have bought an iPhone 5 to test a couple of iPhone-only apps (for an academic project). Any idea on whether I can use the SIM from my Sony phone in the iPhone? If not, can I link another SIM with my account? Failing that, PAYG it is!

dingabell
    Free Member

If the phones are on the same network then you should be able to use the same Sim.
    If not, and your new phone is O2 or unlocked, try gifgaf?

saxabar
    Free Member

If the phones are on the same network then you should be able to use the same Sim.

This is good news! (Both on EE)

CountZero

Does the Experia use a Nano-SIM? That might be the only issue, the size of the SIM.

saxabar
    Free Member

Hmm, no it appears to be a micro SIM. After poking around a few sites – things doesn’t look hopeful. Hmm. PAYG it is then.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

You should be able to get a nano sim FOC from EE. Just go to an EE shop and ask them for a new SIM. Took about 10mins when my mum did that (granted on O2).

The nano sim should also come with a little micro SIM adapter so you can use the SIM in either phone.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Will you be wanting to use the sony again? I’d cut the sim down if not.

saxabar
    Free Member

Yep, the idea is to be able to switch between the phones. Will check with what EE have to say. Hope yet!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Nano sim adapter and cut it down. Or a separate sim / number

saxabar
    Free Member

All sorted in EE. Nano SIM and adaptor free of change. Fiddly to change over but all is well 🙂

CountZero

saxabar – Member
    All sorted in EE. Nano SIM and adaptor free of change. Fiddly to change over but all is well

Result! Glad you got it sorted, there’s usually a workaround, if you dig a bit. As you say, a bit of a phaff, but it works. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Phones and SIMs’ is closed to new replies.