Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Phone won't charge anymore – is it dead?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My Nexus phone won’t charge up. I have used two different charging plugs and two different cables but nothing works.

It is now totally drained of charge.

Any suggestions other than throw it away?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The battery needs replacing. Go onto Youtube or ifixit and search for the video for your model. I changed my iPhone battery for £8, quite straightforward.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Which nexus? Got the wireless charger?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t know the model, it just says Nexus on the back. I don’t think it has wireless charging though.

I will google for battery replacement although it isn’t obvious how to open the phone up at first glance

nickjb
    Free Member

If it is a nexus 4 then there is a known issue it with it taking a charge after a deep discharge. Have you got any flashing lights? Mine did something similar and needed a combination of holding the power button and volume button while inserting the charger. Have a read of this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/312151-solved-nexus-4-wont-turn-charge.html

Freester

My Mrs’ Nexus 4 sometimes doesn’t charge usually sorts itself out if I turn it off and back on again!

muggomagic

Check for fluff in the socket.

If it is a nexus 4 or even 5 then it can be charged with a wireless charger.
    Nexus 4

Nexus 5

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Mine looks like a Nexus 4 but the cracks are in different places 🙂

Pressing the buttons and plugging in hasn’t worked with the case on so here come the screw drivers!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Check for fluff in the socket.

😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Damn Torq screwS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Phone won't charge anymore – is it dead?’ is closed to new replies.