Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Phone upgrade – Iphone 5s or Sony Experia Z2?
  • womble72
    Free Member

I’ve had iPhones since they first came out and before I lock myself into another 2 yr contract I’m wondering whether to go for something different like the sony. I rarely use iTunes but use the phones camera a lot for work. I have a MacBook Pro but worry a non apple product will cause me more grief when connecting the two together.

What’s a boy to do??????

jambalaya
    Free Member

What phone do you have now ? I would be tempted to hang onto your current phone (get it unlocked from network and go onto a monthly rolling contract) and wait till Sep 6 to see what Apple announces for the iPhone 6. Failing that the 5S is a very good phone and you are used to the Apple iOS etc so I would stick with Apple. I know a few people who dabble with something other than Apple but many come back as sooner or later they find just too many things are “missing”.

duntstick
    Free Member

I got the Galaxy S5 recently. I can take easily swap out batteries, dust and water resistant. I can expand the memory by up to 128gb if I want to just by adding a new micro sd card. Loads of other features on there that I can either use or disregard as I choose. The screen is quite big for video and GPS.

I don’t miss my iphone 4S and the restrictions that came with it.

womble72
    Free Member

I’ve got a 4s at the moment. It’s mainly used for photographing and uploading to websites etc with occasional phone calls/texts 🙂

I wonder if the iPhone6 will be that much different to a 5s?

womble72
    Free Member

I like the idea of adding extra memory

DezB
    Free Member

Plenty of threads about this recently, including This one.
    (I’ve just ditched the Xperia 1 and gone back to the iPhone. The only thing better about the Sony is the battery life.)

therevokid
    Free Member

love my Z2, not as “slick” an interface as iOS but … it does
    survive a 30 degree wash cycle !!!
    expandable storage and a not bad camera.

DezB
    Free Member

The only thing better about the Sony is the battery life. OK, and the SD card slot.

saxabar
    Free Member

Just gone from Apple to Sony. Battery life much worse on the Sony (two and a bit days) versus my iPhone 4 that [still] goes for four or five days with light usage (I’m careful with charge cycles). Lots more bloatware on the Sony too and I’m not keen on how many services it tries to lock you into. On the upside, camera much better, more robust phone, better looking, not locked into Apple DRM, more memory expandability and I quite like some of the inbuilt news apps, although I’m sure they can be sourced for an iPhone too.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Very happy with my Experia Z2. Great camera and suite, all the main app’s that you’d want are there and the big screen makes browsing very easy on the eye. Water and dustproof is handy too. I’d agree that its maybe not as polished OS wise as the Apple but a bit of time spent moving stuff about and your right. Worth noting that the Z2 comes with a pair of noise reduction earphones (check your provider though allegedly, mine did on EE).

therevokid
    Free Member

z2’s … turn “Stamina” on … 🙂 mine says 7 days left or 13 if all standby !

saxabar
    Free Member

@revokid – mine says 2 days and some, with stamina mode on. Hmm. new phone too.

Drac
    Pieface

It seems that if you want a small, high performance phone then apart from the iPhone the Experia Z1 compact seems the only option.

I can’t stand those massive slabs that some companies are trying to pass off as phones.

All IMHO of course.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I wonder if the iPhone6 will be that much different to a 5s?

@womble, bigger screen and faster processor. Aside from screen change which is quite major it will be the normal evolutionary approach, talk of bigger capacity battery and other tweaks. Will be buying one as soon as they are out to replace my 4S

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Phone upgrade – Iphone 5s or Sony Experia Z2?’ is closed to new replies.