Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Phone SD Card memory 'shrinking'?
  • Houns

Bit of a strange thing going on with my phone/SD card which I hope someone could explain?
    I have had approx up to 350 pictures stored on it, not much music (about 3 tracks) and no videos. When I reached this amount a couple of months ago I had a message saying SD card full every time I tried to take a photo. No problem, I deleted about 10 and carried on, however it’d only let me take 2 pix before I got the same message. Again I deleted about 10 and again it’d let me take a handful of pictures before getting the message again.
    I now have 300 pix stored and have to delete 2 pix before I can take 1. I haven’t changed any of the camera settings, I haven’t installed any more apps…Why is this happening?

Cougar

Either,

1) it’s corrupt. Take all the data off it, format it, and see if the problem persists. If it does,

2) it’s faulty. Could be that it’s dying, or it could be a fake (counterfeit) card that’s not performing as it should.

Houns

Cheers, will give it a go

Cougar

I suppose this

“I haven’t changed any of the camera settings,”

… could be a lie also.

Houns

I haven’t! The picture size/quality has stayed the same

Cougar

Just trying to cover all bases (-:

Comparative file sizes should tell you conclusively.

Cougar

Ah, it’s in a phone? I missed that, what’s the phone?

Is something else filling it up? Application updates?

Houns

Possible the app updates, It’s a HTC Hero (which will be replaced as soon as the Sensation is available on T-Mobile)

konabunny
    Free Member

I know nothing about the HTC Hero but my BlackBerry also saves copies of photos which are sent to me (by BBM etc), not just the photos I take. Might that be the reason?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Phone SD Card memory 'shrinking'?’ is closed to new replies.