Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Phone screen repair
  • alanf
    Free Member

I stupidly managed to crack the screen on my phone (Nokia) and to get the screen replaced is looking about £125 via a Nokia approved repair.
    I’ve seen others offering a similar service for about £85 but I think it might invalidate the warranty.

I’ve checked out the you tube videos and it looks like it could prove a costly mistake to try and repair myself so I think that options is definitely out of the question.

Does anyone have any experience of getting screens repaired and any recommendations?

igm

Just did my wife’s iPhone. It’s diable yourself, but I think I’ll let Apple do it if it happens again.

alanf
    Free Member

Thinking with all the adhesives, heat and tiny, expensive components that isn’t going to end well.
    Anyone got any recommendations?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Just had the wife’s Xperia z done by a properly qualified etc local guy for £140, Sony repair center wanted 255!

alanf
    Free Member

So the Nokia approved repair doesn’t seem too bad then at £125. It is only the glass and not the actual underlying display though.

crankman
    Free Member

Take it in to Carphone Warehouse – did my Nexus 4 (quoted £160 online) for £79.99 – think that’s their standard price for screen repairs.

kimbers

Ive repaired a couple of HTCs and a huwaei with new screens off ebay that cost maybe 20 quid

never done nokias but with a bit of patience its not very hard

alanf
    Free Member

The screen glass is around £50 and the replacement is for the whole unit including the display so I don’t think it’s too bad, and separating the glass and display looks like it could get me into trouble.
    Think I’ll ask for the old unit back and have a play with that whilst still having a working phone.
    I’ll check CPWH out as that would be a useful saving.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Phone screen repair’ is closed to new replies.