Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Phone recycling companies
  • legend
    Free Member

All much of a muchness? Or are there any that people can particularly recommend? Got 2 Nokias and 2 HTCs to get rid of.

Cheers,

Mark

theflatboy
    Free Member

There are price comparisons you can use to make sure you get the most possible for your devices. I think there’s one on Money Saving Expert. The amounts offered vary quite a lot.

brassneck

They will also vary after you’ve sent them in (usually offer you less, considerably so, after mailing them in) – read the T’s and C’s carefully and be prepared to stand your ground a bit to get a better offer.

Cougar

There are price comparisons you can use to make sure you get the most possible for your devices. I think there’s one on Money Saving Expert. The amounts offered vary quite a lot.

This, plus check the linked reviews. The highest listed values are usually charlatans.

Don’t assume anything from the company name either. Someone on here recently had a bad experience with whoever are doing it under O2’s brand.

Note that you’ll almost certainly get more money for it in a private sale. The advantage of recycling is (theoretically) less hassle than eBay etc.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

In a previous life, I once had a meeting with a chap who was into recycling and boasted how much he made by buying mobile phones and then shipping them to India where kids worked on squalid conditions stripping the components for him

I thought he was a tool before he mentioned the mobile phone thing, that just confirmed how big a tool he actual was.

I’ve always donated my phones to charity shops since meeting that chap or given them away to people who needed a handset. . That makes me happier than giving them to people like tool man!

revs1972
    Free Member

I find the CEX shops give you a good deal, especially if you go for a voucher to spend in their shops.l
    Face to face, so no underhandedness as you can both agree condition etc

LoCo
    Free Member

+1 for charity think our last 2 went to the RNLI

woody21
    Free Member

O2 in their infinite wisdom came round to my way of thinking and paid more money than they originally offered – apparently the vaue of mobiles can increase (although this is rare). I would shop around the value does vary – I have used Envirofone in the past

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Phone recycling companies’ is closed to new replies.