Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Phone networks-3 Any reason why not?
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    3 are offering a good deal on an iPhone 5 package.
    Have always been With orange so any reason not to swap?
    Any issues with Internet or signal etc
    Cheers
    Steve

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I got 12.2mbps yesterday in Alnwick 🙂

I’ve had them for about 10 years now, since they launched. Signal can be a bit wreak sometimes but I generally get one everywhere as they allow roaming, even in really remote areas

fatgit
    Free Member

Yep that’s the one
    Cheers
    Steve

geoffj

Happy three user after less than satisfied experiences on O2 and Orange.
    The One Plan is good value if you need mobile data.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Their network (or their 2G EE backup on the very odd occasion) has worked better than Vodafone for me, am definitely sticking with them now.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’ve used three for about 6 years now. No complaints, they do usually offer some of the best deals.

allthegear
    Free Member

Had a really good experience with Three since moving over to The One Pan a year or so ago (whenever iPhone 5 came out).

Unlimited data really does mean unlimited and I make a LOT of use of it, even to the point of happily driving around East Anglia using BBC Radio Player to get Test Match Special 🙂

Rachel

dannybgoode

The single worst thing about 3 is if you ever try and leave. I was on the phone for 45 mins trying to convince them that no, honestly I was absolutely definitely sure I wanted to leave.

They even went as far as suggesting the offer that I said I had from another network didn’t exist, couldn’t exist and if it did exist it surely didn’t.

I really object when a company tries to keep you by slagging off the competitor you are moving to and I whilst I don’t mind an attempt to keep my custom 45 minutes is a little excessive.

Other than that, whilst you are with them and can put up with the odd sales call (I repeatedly asked them not to but they did anyway) the coverage etc is more than acceptable.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Left them about 5 years ago, after a couple of bad experiences with their call centre. But they offer the best coverage locally, so rejoined 18 months ago, not had any problems since, will be staying with them if I can get the right deal on a phone in 6 months time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Been on 3 for erm… 6 years I think, at first their customer service was appalling but they’ve invested in folks with brains since so all good now.
    I’m not moving from them, great deals, good coverage (South Downs a bit patchy) but generally… Excellent.

Never thought I’d say that..

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve found the call centre to be pretty poor service too, had a guy who was pretending that the line was dodgy – oddly it’d been perfect until I said I was sure I wanted to cancel and was still completely clear… However, I’ve moaned at their twitter account a couple of times and they’ve been fantastic.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Was with 3 for over a year and although they may be the ‘fastest network’ as I pointed out to the customer service that doest mean the best coverage. I regularly went out with people on o2 and while they had slowish internet signal I had none whatsoever and went the whole day without msgs etc. I then spent half an hour on the phone with them arguing about the fact I wanted to cancel and him rabbiting on about they could save me money with this and this, apparently them sitting at a desk talking utter crap is the same as me trying to lug a 17 stone gentleman out of bed with a hoist…… get off the phone and cancel the damn thing!

pmc00per
    Free Member

I got orange to price match three when my co contract was up. I am a very happy customer. They gave me a great deal and I get free music via the swappables.

Its worth a call and a bit of polite haggling

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Three are the only network who give truly all you can eat data, I don’t even have an internet connection at home, its so generous and fast 😀 Tether the phone to the PC and browse away.

Use circa 50gig a month and never get speed restrictions, unlike my previous tmobile contract and its poxy 3gig fair use policy.

Its more than fast enough to stream Iplayer, HD youtube etc.

EE are the network I can’t grasp, fastest in the country great, but the ability to use up all your data in 12 minutes is crazy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Phone networks-3 Any reason why not?’ is closed to new replies.