Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Phone memory issues
  • richardkennerley

I’ve got a 3rd gen moto G. The internal memory is pretty full, mostly with photos and videos.

I’ve moved all it’ll let me to the SD card, I’ve backed them up to some sort of Google cloud and I’ve gone through and deleted the device copy of every single one, yet they still sit clogging up the internal memory.

I don’t get it?

Anything else I can do to clear it up, other than permanently deleting stuff?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Clear cache.

richardkennerley

Scratch that, something’s just happened and it’s all cleared up, don’t know what’s going on!

Cougar

Deleting photos doesn’t necessarily delete thumbnails, I had over half the phone’s storage taken up with them before I noticed.

user-removed
    Free Member

Watching with interest. Just got a brand new Galaxy J5, all photos stored on the micro SD card, installed all apps into memory card too (as far as possible) and the internal memory is already stuffed to bursting.

Sideways-graded from a Galaxy S5 to cut the bill down a bit and am seriously unimpressed… Done all the usual stuff – cleared cache, stopped unnecessary apps etc.

richardkennerley

I’ve got everything set to automatically back up, buy that didn’t clear the memory.

Clicked through settings, storage, internal storage, images. Then selected ask the folders there and copied to Google drive. Not sure if that is what did it, but I’ve suddenly got nearly an extra 10gb of space!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Phone memory issues’ is closed to new replies.