Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Phone Masts
  • RegP
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone worked in this field as I am looking to try and speak with Vodafone direct over a site we have but cannot find any contact information anywhere other than companies that act for the landlord.

cmjdavies
    Free Member

Does this help?
    http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

You find the site in question, click on it then it allows you to email the owner

roger_mellie

Been a while since I worked in the industry but each equipment cabin or cabinet should have an indentifier label giving the site reference and a central contact number for VF. This is presuming you are able to get close to the site?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    camster
    Free Member

RegP, in the industry and may be able to point you in the right direction. where is the site located?

RegP
    Free Member

Camster, is at Wymeswold in Leicestershire. Use to be an orange/T-mobile mast any idea?

camster
    Free Member

Ok RegP, if ex Orange/TMO site it is run by EE, do you have a site reference at all, like LEC1234 or a number. Are you sure it’s a Voda site though as per your original post?

footflaps

Been a while since I worked in the industry but each equipment cabin or cabinet should have an indentifier label giving the site reference and a central contact number for VF. This is presuming you are able to get close to the site?

In my experience most don’t, especially ones with public access. I think the operators prefer to remain anonymous to reduce vandalism from disgruntled customers. Most of the MNOs have outsourced all their infrastructure to Ericsson or Huawei so don’t manage their own sites any more.

Edit: on the rare occasion there is a label / phone number, the number is normally decades out of date and doesn’t work (I’ve tried phoning in faults / problems eg leaking lead acid batteries and just get number disconnected).

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup…

Work in the industry

What do you want to know.

Have access to relevent systems.

Doubt we’d be allowed to give details of L & T info though, sorry.

RegP
    Free Member

I am acting for the landlord, the “tenant” use to be orange, so I want to see if vodafone need a site in the area! Can get close as it is on a private estate

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Give us a postcode, and ill get back to you on Monday..

RegP
    Free Member

Postcode is LE12 5rt

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks like they have one in the area fella…
    4452-2g only at present unless its been put through the C/S upgrade.

footflaps

As a result of all the mergers / shared networks, they’re reducing sites outside the dense population areas. For many years only ever saw them putting up masts, but recently seen a few being taken down. In central London it’s a different story as they’ll always need more sites and more capacity…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Phone Masts’ is closed to new replies.