Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Phone insurance replacement
  • ernie

Any advice: my phone recentley suffered a concrete interface issue and cannot be repaired. The insurance company has offered either:
    Iphone 5
    Xperia z1
    Htc one m7
    Samsung s5mini
    Samsung s4
    Nokia 840
    I swaying towards the htc, anyone got experience? My previous phone was a nokia 920 which i loved.

puddings
    Free Member

I run both the 920 and HTC 1. Very different operating systems. If you like windows then you have to take the 840. Good handset although not as nice in the hand as the 920.
    Of the others I would go HTC or Sony. I hate the cheap plastic feel of the Samsung plus the android skin they use is designed for apple refugees and it is awful to use. Also don’t be taken in by the s5 mini. It is effectively the S4 under the skin. The full S5 is a much better phone
    Z1 is waterproof and although now 2 generations old, it is still a great handset. I have always found battery life good on Sony and the android skin is nice for limited bloatware. Expandable memory
    HTC looks fantastic. Again as with all the listed handsets, it is previous generation but once you turn off things like blinkfeed, reasonably clean android. Battery life poor ( I can get a working day out of it, with heavy 4g use but turn on GPS and it sucks the juice out of it). It also has fixed memory
    I believe that the Sony and HTC are due to software upgrade to Android lollipop in the coming weeks. No idea on Samsung.

ernie

Thanks Puddings. Went for the HTC. Here’s hoping….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Phone insurance replacement’ is closed to new replies.