Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phone help – for a 7 year old – not the usual chavvy parent request!
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

My daughter lives with her mum, i ring her every day, she likes to text me when she is doing something cool etc. This is all on her mums phone, which is all a bit weird as on the same conversation are messages having a go at me!
    I would like to provide a phone my daughter can use to ring/text me.
    Stipulations are:
    wifi for whatsapp calls/texts
    Ability to set parental controls – i.e. i don’t want her to be a chavvy kid buried in a phone – it’s to use once per day at a set time.
    camera for snaps if need be/video calls if i/she is away for a period.

cheap/robust etc.

I am an iphone user but also have an galaxy s5

ninfan
    Free Member

iPad mini – she’ll love you dearly and it’s great for messenger and FaceTime

Anything else will probably just sit there with a flat battery

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely agree. I only seem to talk to my girls on facetime. One has a phone (11) and one has ipad (7). Of all of my older daughters freinds, not one single one of them uses android. Ipad all the way.

convert

and again or go Hudl for a cheap version of same. Assuming where she’ll call you from is in wifi range an actual phone is so last century.

greentricky
    Free Member

She’ll want something she snapchat her mates on and gram food shots, she won’t thank you for something sensible

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve a 5s that my daughter had on Vodafone, she’s now inherited my wife’s old 6 so it’s surplus to requirements. You’re welcome to it for the price of postage – all working fine – just drop me a mail if you’re interested..

iamanobody
    Free Member

Woffle – i will email you. Sounds bob on. Any more ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phone help – for a 7 year old – not the usual chavvy parent request!’ is closed to new replies.